[BUG]CAN'T GET OUT OF ROOM - BULKHEAD DOESN'T OPEN[43227 JAN 17]

MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
Hi

I created a bulkhead leading into my multipurpose room. It opened fine. I went in and shut the door behind me. Then I went to leave. I approached the door, the tool tip popped up to left click to open. I left clicked. Nothing happened. The door won't open. I am stuck in the room. The only way out is to deconstruct the bulkhead.

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Constructing and reconstructing fixes the proplem temporarily but it does occur sporadically. It seems to occur where the bulkhead opens into a room that has picture frames on the wall.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    adding any additional rooms, or other constructions to a base, like compartments seems to cause bulkhead doors to become buggy and unopenable. There is also the fact they tend to get buggy with large bases.
    Hi.

My base isn't too large: 2x observation rooms, 1x multipurpose room, 2x moon-pools and associated corridors linking them all. I think you're right regarding the additions. Though I am thinking of add another room to put a creature tank in.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    Hi.

My base isn't too large: 2x observation rooms, 1x multipurpose room, 2x moon-pools and associated corridors linking them all. I think you're right regarding the additions. Though I am thinking of add another room to put a creature tank in.

Might want to note this bug as well, Power Tansmitters also break if you make an addition to a base, though an easy fix for this is saving and then going back to the main menu and loading the save.
    Ah that's okay, my base is nuclear-powered :)