A Few Bugs

CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
There are a few places where 'rendering priority', If I can even call it that, is not what it is supposed to be. For instance, when the player is looking at the bioreactor, the green slimy texture renders over the players inventory. If you are holding a seaglide, and open your inventory, sometimes the seaglide moves over to the side and covers part of your inventory. I will edit this and turn it into a list as I find stuff.

Comments

• madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    Thanks @CAPSHAW , I'll double check that these graphical glitches are tracked or filed! The examples are very helpful.
  • ArmandharmeArmandharme Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226619Members
    Regarding of rendering, I figure out that if you taking out the Seamooth out of the Cyclop and go for exploration. then lets say you forgot something inside the Cyclop and you decide to swim inside the Cyclop to get it. 90% of the time, the locker, or the wall lockers, are not rendering the image of both, your inventory and the content of the locker. Altough, if you know by hearth what's in there you can still pick what you need but its anoying. The same kind of issue happen when you' ve docked a PRAWN inside the Moondock while having your Seamooth docked inside the Cyclop

• CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    Oh yeah I totally forgot that you can see every single thing inside your base from your Cyclops. Unless that is passed off as a fun augmented reality trick.
  • deathclaw187deathclaw187 Join Date: 2017-01-24 Member: 227171Members
    Played all day today as it was my first day with the game. Loved it but all wildlife disappeared along with lifepod 8 I believe not being in its beacon locale. I really hope these issues are fixed because this is a great game with tons of potential.
    I've never seen that happen. I've seen reapers and such pop in and out, but I haven't seen these issues before.
  • Merlin469Merlin469 U.S. Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227274Members
    edited January 2017
    Regarding of rendering, I figure out that if you taking out the Seamooth out of the Cyclop and go for exploration. then lets say you forgot something inside the Cyclop and you decide to swim inside the Cyclop to get it. 90% of the time, the locker, or the wall lockers, are not rendering the image of both, your inventory and the content of the locker. Altough, if you know by hearth what's in there you can still pick what you need but its anoying. The same kind of issue happen when you' ve docked a PRAWN inside the Moondock while having your Seamooth docked inside the Cyclop
    @madsauce , @Armandharme I actually reported this one in game the other day, as I know what's going on here.

The inventory UI is still present, but it's being rendered behind / outside the Cyclops. You can verify this by walking near the front where you can look out the bubble window, access your inventory, and you'll see it come up outside.

Hopefully this helps narrow the bug a bit in code!

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S S; When I get tired of not seeing the locker inventory, I restart the save. Sometimes the problem goes away without restarting. Looks like the PCs have same issue.
    Shotout wrote: »
    XB1S S; When I get tired of not seeing the locker inventory, I restart the save. Sometimes the problem goes away without restarting. Looks like the PCs have same issue.

I think if you exit the Cyclops and get in and out and try to access your inventory a few times, it should fix itself. Its not fun, but its definitely faster than restarting the game.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S S; Yes, that works sometimes, thanks.
  • bingomanzerobingomanzero Join Date: 2016-12-07 Member: 224676Members
    I find entering the Cyclops via a docked seamoth/exosuit fixes the layering issue.