Which Precursor Artifact Should They Keep In Game?

Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
There are currently four in development Precursor Artifacts, they were originally each going to have their own Precursor Base that they unlock. But recently the devs have said they will only be keeping one of them in the game to be used at the PRF, and that every base other than the PRF will just use the Purple Artifact.
The reason they have said they are going to this is because they want to make the game less linear, this is also why you can craft Purple Artifacts in the Fabricator.

Which Artifact do you think they should keep in the game for use at the PRF?

Wiki page for the Precursor Artifacts http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Precursor_Artifacts

Comments

• Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited January 2017
    accidentaly quoted myself please ignore this. If a mod could delete this comment that would be great
  • NimmanuNimmanu NH, USA Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226681Members
    Well, I'd prefer the orange. That way you have the cool color and the warm color.

Not that I care very much, because it's the purple one I like the most.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    dang that sucks, I hate it when the devs have to cut content.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Colours look good together when both are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Orange and blue are at the opposite ends, so blue would look kind of cool in the Lava zones.

So I'll go blue :)
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    You know. That would actually be a bit wierd, having all of the different bases needing just one key colour.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Blue's just my favorite color, so...
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    edited January 2017
    How about an artifact that circulates between all the colors. So one second it might be purple and the next it might be blue.
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    Quite frankly, I think the artifacts should go like this:

Purple Artifact: Found in various places. Used to unlock Array and Caches.

Orange Artifact: Found inside Array. Used to unlock DRF labs, where you learn about the Carar and get the signal to the Precursor Thermal Power Generator.

Red Artifact: Found inside DRF labs. Used to unlock generator room of Precursor Thermal Power Generator.

White Artifact: Found inside Precursor Thermal Power Generator power room. Used to unlock PRF antechamber.

Blue Artifact: Found in Degasi Deep Grand Reef base. Used to unlock PRF moonpool.
    Quite frankly, I think the artifacts should go like this:

Purple Artifact: Found in various places. Used to unlock Array and Caches.

Orange Artifact: Found inside Array. Used to unlock DRF labs, where you learn about the Carar and get the signal to the Precursor Thermal Power Generator.

Red Artifact: Found inside DRF labs. Used to unlock generator room of Precursor Thermal Power Generator.

White Artifact: Found inside Precursor Thermal Power Generator power room. Used to unlock PRF antechamber.

Blue Artifact: Found in Degasi Deep Grand Reef base. Used to unlock PRF moonpool.

That was pretty much exactly how it was going to work before they decided to make them all require purple.
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    The only purpose of the Artifacts to date is to use them as keys.. Why keep it? I would collect Precursor busts or art etc etc rather than keys..
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    If the color actually meant something important to the Precursors, I would say keep them.
    But since at this point based on the story so far, we have no clue about that, I don't particularly care either way.

B)
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    An interesting option is to have all facilities except the PRF opened with the Purple Artifact, but the PRF requires a unique artifact found in the other facilities. So you are not forced to visit the facilities in a particular order, but you have to visit all of them to access the PRF.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited January 2017
    Never forget the extra option for people who have a different solution:

The purple artifact would be only for general access. In some cases you'd also need an alien code in this alien language (lately seen in experimental) and an alien keypad to enter the alien code to get individual access.

EDIT:

Generally I'd prefer for the alien artifacts to be some advanced circuitry you don't only need to make those terminals open or work, but also to produce into your escape rocket computer or for advanced equipment like an alien upgraded cyclops or prawn to allow them to penetrate precursor or lava environments. Maybe these alien circuitry can send signals to warpers to not attack you ...

EDIT2:

An easy dev way could be to get a construction blueprint for an alien terminal that could be implanted at the inside of your base or cyclops and allow you all kinds of alien tech:
    • alien translation
    • control and use of a personal warpgate
    • control and use of a personal air lift
    • upgrading the power of an existing power device
    • advanced control to get the rocket from the planet
    • a device to keep warpers from attacking a base or cyclops
  • ZaichiZaichi Europe Join Date: 2017-01-16 Member: 226846Members
    edited January 2017
    well blue looks nice with purple so...
    i'm not against having them all, but it would detract from the game having to create or find all different kinds. even just purple's fine by me so having one more colour would add some variety without clogging the gameplay
  • BeckysFootSlaveBeckysFootSlave Germany Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225560Members
    I also would like to keep all of them, but would choose white if I really have to!
    Because the definition of white is "clean" or "pure", and we are going to heal carar I would take white!
    Looks like they've chosen blue.
    unknown.png
  • CalvinTheDiverCalvinTheDiver A place Join Date: 2016-10-08 Member: 222971Members
    Where did you hear this?
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    As the primary research facility is in a lava zone yellow, orange, or red works for me because they are the closest to that area's natural colors and it helps for remembering what they're used for.

Then again purple doesn't make a lot of sense along that logic, so whatever is fine too.