Pressure and diving deep update

smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
Ok...its complicate to discuss realistic handling with diving deep, water pressure and everything in connection with that in a fictional game but in my option there could be a more realistic "game pressure update"
It's not logical that the nonupgraded seamoth gets demage under 200 m but the play can swin under with a normal diving suit 200...300...400 m
It's even not realistic to use the air bladder for deeps over 100 m without getting hurt or become ill by nitrogen narcosis.
My suggestion are a more realistic feeling with water pressure. So if you want to explore deeps over 100 m you need to upgrade your diving suit like you use to do with the seamoth and other vehicles. To fast surface will get you a nitrogen narcosis and demage.
Exiting vehicles over 300 or 400 m will kill you of pressure unless you don't a an upgraded diving suit. More than 500 m are only discoverable with vehicles. What do you say?

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    That this cuts into some 70+% of the current ability to explore so I don't think the loss of gameplay is worth the realism. Diver's disease might have something going for it by what I've heard of its current implementation in console, but I don't mind if it doesn't reach default gameplay.
  • andrewcandrewc Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225231Members
    It is kind of weird the ability of our suite vs vehicles
  • MalsqueekMalsqueek United States Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216835Members
    I'd not like to see much of any pressure realism. Rapid changes of depth cause problems even when you are in a vehicle, and it would be a significant impact to gameplay to have to stop every 100m for 2-3 minutes to "acclimate".

I'd be fine with some severe depth issues, but there would need to be a non-vehicle correction for it, or Warpers would be able to insta-kill the player by teleporting them out of their vehicles.
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    What about a Liquid breathing like in the Abyss Movie?