Removing Subtitles

TigerTankSniperTigerTankSniper Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211735Members
edited December 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I think that the subtitles (when you get a transmition) are kind of useless because they ruin the experience and you can read faster then you can hear the message. And what will happen with the sunbeam that will ruin the whole thing because you will have read it faster and figure out what is going to happen. it is a small thing but it would make gameplay more fun.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2016
    I think it's more of a pacing issue in this case. just like on TV with court cases with subs (you yanks don't see subs very often on TV and such do ya :tongue: )

"How do you find the defendant?
    - We find the defendant..."

second screen, on cue to when they actually say it

"... guilty/not guilty, your honor"

However, with that being said... That option to turn it off should be there in any case :)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    An option for people who don't want them is only the better, but the subtitles are certainly not useless. For one, not everyone can hear, hear well, or hear English well. Other people (like me) just find it easier to have subs in general; HarshlyCritical in his recent playthrough of Maize said he'd have wanted subs.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    When they have all transmissions fully voiced over then yes, an option to remove subtitles would be great.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    I agree with @Kouji_San, I think better pacing is the solution to this issue.