Automatic Bulkheads?

EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
Simple enough in concept. The bulkheads should be automatic, and stay open until flooding occurs. After that, they should be automatic and toggled by buttons on the side.

And if/when the power goes out, THEN the manual animations are used.

I never use them, it's easier to add another MFR or MFR story, and slap in some reinforcements. But mostly because of how annoying they are to open/close.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    This. So much.

Just give us like a basic Star-Trek whoosh door for separating compartments, doesn't add to reinforcement that won't keep water from flowing into other areas, and have it available from the start

Then let us unlock Bulkheads, which reinforce the base and keep water from spreading

Also let us put Bulkheads/Doors in the connections between two Multipurpose Rooms
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    I use bulkheads in research bases, so I can control flooding and have flooded portions of bases. I would like the ability to have them open/closed based on what the player wants, but I agree the opening/closing animations take up time.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    I use bulkheads in research bases, so I can control flooding and have flooded portions of bases. I would like the ability to have them open/closed based on what the player wants, but I agree the opening/closing animations take up time.

The long open/close animations making it worse with how they seemingly close themselves again at random after I open them. That has to be a bug, because I don't see why a bulkhead would just go and close itself again while you're mucking about in your aquarium and generator rooms. Unless of course they've changed that recently.... They changed the way hatched creatures behave when you release them so maybe they changed this too? xD

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Rezca wrote: »

The long open/close animations making it worse with how they seemingly close themselves again at random after I open them. That has to be a bug, because I don't see why a bulkhead would just go and close itself again while you're mucking about in your aquarium and generator rooms. Unless of course they've changed that recently.... They changed the way hatched creatures behave when you release them so maybe they changed this too? xD

They automatically close if you add a structure part to your base.
    So like if you attach a Corridor on some completely different part of your base, all Bulkheads will close.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members

So like if you attach a Corridor on some completely different part of your base, all Bulkheads will close.

I never knew that... Thanks for the info!

I never knew that... Thanks for the info!

Its actually pretty useful for quickly containing a hull breach