[Suggestion] Improving Map Flexibility/New Mode

themaelstormthemaelstorm Germany Join Date: 2016-11-03 Member: 223623Members
Hey,
I actually mentioned this in a thread but it was in general.
I checked a few pages and did a ctrl+f for "map" or "procedur" but nothing came up. I had read some threads on reddit but I guess it's okay to post here.

So I read the game was static and I was pretty sure that was wrong. Then I noticed you can spawn in different places.

Honestly, I can play this game for hours with this map. It's beatiful, it has great details and I've only scratched the surface (I don't even have any vehicles yet).

That said, I want this game to be one of those that I install with a new PC and never uninstall and I would love to see a lot of people play it, so UWE gets the recognition and compensation for this awesome game. I'm afraid this won't happen without RNG maps.
I'm not saying the game does not support hours of gameplay. I'm just saying that people will ask for it and there will even be people who played for hours saying "this game would make sense with a RNG but its always the same", preventing others from buying it.

Plus, random is good. I think the game would be more fun if you don't know where everything is. I'd also like to suggest reading my research supercomputer idea.

So I suggest using a combination of static and procedural.

Pretty straightforward I think, so I suggest that we keep this beatiful map details but maybe there is a part between shallows and kelp forest that is random. Or maybe there is a place right in the center of the map that is random. Or maybe there are pockets of random parts.
It can be done in any way really.

Or maybe, there is a story mode and there is a random mode where there is no story, you aren't guaranteed the same beauty and details, but randomness! (So parts, wrecks, islands, abandoned bases etc)

My personal estimation is that this is not an easy thing to do, so this may be a future addition (that's a new mode may make sense).

Comments