New Player

maximo101maximo101 Australia Join Date: 2016-10-27 Member: 223413Members
edited October 2016 in New Player Forum
Hello,
I am waiting on some parts to put together a gaming pc. I have been gaming on console for years and havent gamed on pc for perhaps a decade!
I am looking forward to playing this.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
    WELCOME! NS2 is by far my favorite game, and if you would like to find me on steam, I would be happy to give you any extra tips or practice (although I know this post is old), or play alongside you. Please feel free to ask questions and enjoy the game!
  • KarpmanKarpman Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172488Members
    Yay for more people playing NS2! When you jump in, I highly recommend doing all 4 tutorials. They are short, to the point, and decently engaging. Also check out Hive Challenge in the training section. It lets you practice Lerk and Fade in a controlled environment. Thanks to those, playing Lerk is actually fun for me now, not frustrating.

Are you going to use an SSD? If not, I would highly recommend getting even a small, cheap SSD just to install NS2 on. It makes a world of difference when loading maps.

• rolandhayesrolandhayes Join Date: 2019-06-12 Member: 253326Members
  • xtremecorextremecore Join Date: 2005-01-21 Member: 36506Members, Constellation
  • VamonosVamonos United States Join Date: 2019-08-16 Member: 254309Members
    Hello everyone,
    So I took a 2-3 year break after initially buying this game (too busy with college and for the fresher job at my fav Apknite company) and I used to play a decent amount of commander as marines and 1-2 games as a commander for aliens. I'm absolutely terrified of playing as commander again without a bit of practice. Is there a decent way to practice without ruining a team's chances of winning? I did one game of commander as marines and I did okay but I am scared to play as an alien commander without some practice.
    Thanks!
  • Xavier98Xavier98 New york Join Date: 2020-12-10 Member: 265981Members
    Hi, does anyone else play this game?
  • EvaWillamssEvaWillamss Chicago, IL, USA Join Date: 2021-05-12 Member: 269929Members
    Xavier98 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone else play this game?

Yes, of course, the truth has recently dropped online, but it seems to me that soon an update will be released and interest in the game will increase again