Base-attached air pumps are here!

2»

Comments

• HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    edited December 2016
    Um... not to be a snob or anything but guys... we are in future and in water.
    Electrifying water which is H2O produces hydrogen and oxygen. It's not really such a... crazy oxygen out of nowhere concept.

Actually from my very soggy memory you can have something like two connected reservoirs with water, and have soluble salt in between, cathode in one reservoir and diode in the other and one resservoir would produce oxygen while the other would produce hydrogen. Think the hydrogen part of water molecule is the positive one? right... so the + would be hydrogen part and the oxygen would be the -.

Anyway... that's from my foggy memory. Not the electrolysis(effin technical terms) part but what would be produced at which polarity.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited December 2016
    Skope wrote: »
    Are you using the right pipe module? The one made by the builder, and not the Fabricator?

Yep... though I did say that I was using the "HABITAT BUILDER" in my post.

And the two items are pretty obvious in their wording...

BASE-ATTACHED Air Pump

FLOATING Air Pump

The former being the one I said in my post.

smh
    B)

And just for the record I not in the Experimental Shard.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    HiSaZuL wrote: »
    Um... not to be a snob or anything but guys... we are in future and in water.
    Electrifying water which is H2O produces hydrogen and oxygen. It's not really such a... crazy oxygen out of nowhere concept.

Actually from my very soggy memory you can have something like two connected reservoirs with water, and have soluble salt in between, cathode in one reservoir and diode in the other and one reservoir would produce oxygen while the other would produce hydrogen. Think the hydrogen part of water molecule is the positive one? right... so the + would be hydrogen part and the oxygen would be the -.

Anyway... that's from my foggy memory. Not the electrolysis(effin technical terms) part but what would be produced at which polarity.

Thank you for the Science Lesson, but what does that have to do with my question?
    B)
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
  • BENSKIBENSKI Join Date: 2016-08-07 Member: 221063Members
    BENSKI wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with oxygen being produced by the base, but what I don't like is that
    1. generating oxygen has no effect on base power when it should be substantial (it requires a powered base but actually draws no power)
    2. there is no tangible appliance (like the water filtration machine) that can be built to explicitly account for or manage oxygen generation

Whether it is pipes or an electrolysis-based oxygen generator that brings oxygen into bases, oxygen production needs to be accounted for ...

This is a game about being underwater after all.

Having access to air really shouldn't be something that we should ever be able to take for granted or overlook ...