Seriously, devs ...

Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
... for the love of all that's merciful, just a map-as-you-go chart in vehicles only would be a huge boon. Please? For mercy's sake, even the Seaglide can dynamically chart its immediate vicinity. If a Seaglide can generate a dynamic chart on the fly, why can't a Seamoth or a Cyclops chart as it goes and keep the chart? It's just not plausible that this simple task is beyond the technology of Subnautica.

Comments

• AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    I'd prefer if it had to be hand drawn.

IMHO, it adds a lot to the exploration.

I'd love a sketchpad in game and a coordinates system!
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    This kind of touches onto many other topics that have sprung up through development.. personally I love the idea I had read awhile ago now,

Since scanner rooms build a map according to the area they are built in, (but limited area) if they made it so the scanner room would almost map out the whole biome it's built in we would have a greater range ( completely map the region/biome through the existing range upgrades)

Then take it one step further. The more consecutive biomes you have mapped the bigger the over all map gets. At the actual map pedestal there is a joystick so why not be able to pan the map around from connected biome to biome..

We all ready have a module that links us to the scanner room for finding materials etc. If we had A module we could build that could be installed into the cyclops that would then link us to our scanner room(s) and add the associated map into say the bridge of the cyclops or the top floor where the seamoth/prawn dock is we cold access it..

Of course this would probably be a programming nightmare lol.. and we would need a new fragments for the map pedestal for the cyclops (if it went that route) but imo it would be amazing! Plus it has the added benefit of helping the cyclops to feel more like the "mother ship"