The first meeting of warpers and me

ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
Warpers the name alone can strike feer in the hearts of most sane people, good thing I'm insane. The first time I've ever seen a warper was while I was working in the Grand Reef hunting for Fragments for my need of technology. Just as I found the last of the power cell changer Fragments it appeared, a warper right behind my Seamoth (witch I named the Seawolf). My first thought was "ahhhhhhhhhh omg...omg please don't kill me!!" ah yes good times followed by a lot of cursing as the warper ripped me apart, very good times. Maybe you can see a warper too some day, and it can rip you apart too.
So if you want tell me your first encounter with a warper below or any other creature that scares you. (like the reapers hint, hint.)

Comments

• KitcheKitche Join Date: 2016-11-09 Member: 223771Members
    Warpers have actually been pretty chill for me. I first found one below my base, and danced around it with the Seamoth to see how fast and aggresive it was. It would drift toward me and slash when close enough, or shoot a rather inaccurate warp bubble. I got out of my Seamoth and chilled with him for quite a while, backing away slowly as he moved forward, getting a good long look at his innards. I think I'll follow one through it's warp if I find one in shallow enough waters.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Kitche wrote: »
    Warpers have actually been pretty chill for me. I first found one below my base, and danced around it with the Seamoth to see how fast and aggresive it was. It would drift toward me and slash when close enough, or shoot a rather inaccurate warp bubble. I got out of my Seamoth and chilled with him for quite a while, backing away slowly as he moved forward, getting a good long look at his innards. I think I'll follow one through it's warp if I find one in shallow enough waters.

Same - they tend to just ignore me or attack with the lethality of a peeper. Maybe things will change when they actually deem you a legit threat, which
    wont happen until later in the game/story.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    The thing I noticed with Warper aggression... At this point, they seem mostly content to ignore me if I'm not actively in front of them. If they spot me zipping in my Seamoth they may fire their warp sphere thing at me, but most of the time I approach from behind and they ignore me.

Managed to scan one that way. Stick to the sides and back and it didn't really care.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    The thing I noticed with Warper aggression... At this point, they seem mostly content to ignore me if I'm not actively in front of them. If they spot me zipping in my Seamoth they may fire their warp sphere thing at me, but most of the time I approach from behind and they ignore me.

Managed to scan one that way. Stick to the sides and back and it didn't really care.

That would make sense since the front is where all their organs are exposed.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »

I find that moving vertically is the best way to get close but out of range because they move up and down as if they have to get up and down a slope.

Warpers haven't been particular dangerous to me so far, unless they show up when I'm around Crabsquids and that's happened twice. There's slightly more jumpscare value to them than real threat, although they are very annoying early in game when the 200-300m area is crucial and they are guaranteed to show up.

I do regret that they are currently teleportation-only. Before Bones, you could see them patrolling in some areas. It made for a good sense of isolation-desperation when I visited the STP wreck with no other lifeforms around but for the two warpers retreading their paths a little away.