Issue with entities not loading

TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
edited October 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Yesterday I got the bug to play Subnautica, which prompted me to start a fresh new save file again. While swimming through the Safe Shallows searching for stuff, I ran up on the huge coral tunnel where limestone nodes are usually abundant, but as I swam through it and over it, I was confused to why there weren't any rocks to smash this time. I thought at first it was a gameplay change, but after swimming through the area and the nearby Kelp Forest I noticed there were no fish or creatures around to find either. (Which incidentally it is very eerie to swim around in a 'dead' ocean.)

Now, this has happened to me before on earlier playthroughs, typically around the Mountain Island: you swim around and nothing will attack you and no resources appear anywhere. Saving and reloading the game will usually fix the issue and force the entities to reload again, but this time it didn't work when I reloaded my save file. Sadly the console commands GAMERESET or ENTRESET didn't fix it either. I ended up deleting the save file and starting another new file, which fixed the problem but by that time I didn't want to start over fresh twice in one day.

Any idea what could be causing it, or what could be done to prevent it again? As much as I like the survival aspect, having vital items needed to play the game normally not appearing is somewhat frustrating.

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited October 2016
    I've had similar experiences as well a few times. In my case reloading the save didnt work at all and i had to completely trash taht game and start a brand new one. I have no idea why this happened nor how to prevent this from happening again sadly :sweat:

Can't say it happened often enough to get on my nerves tho. It must have happened like 2-3 times in the past year for me. Of course, when it does happen its pretty lame but im not sure if theres anything concrete that can be done to fix this?
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, it wasn't a huge deal for me since I was just 2+ hours into a fresh game, so starting a new safe file wasn't terrible. But it would be bad if you were over 8 hours into a game, and hadn't yet unlocked advanced tech to keep yourself sustained on food/water or power, or couldn't craft items for the Exosuit or Cyclops. I suppose you could console in the items you need to continue at that point, but personally it would take away the point of playing Survival mode.

I know the game is early access and I'm not trying to sound like I'm complaining, I really love Subnautica! :) But, when something bad happens in Stable mode and reloading the save file won't fix it, it could be troublesome to lose all of your progress and start over in a new game just to resolve an issue.