Mod Files Dump

xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I had posted this in a patchnote thread a while back, but realized recently when asked that there was nothing 'officially' stated about this, nor anything not buried in some old thread - but any code from all of my mods posted on github can be used by anyone freely doing NS2 modding. I updated all of the relevant ones with the MIT license to make it official, but this has always been my stance. You can copy/paste anything that is useful (I'm not sure how much, if any, is anymore) without restriction.

There is one exception currently, I haven't added the license to classic (NS2c) yet - I have to re-download the entire repo so I can publish the update and don't have the time right now - I should have it updated tomorrow.

If people have any questions about some of the inner workings feel free to ask, I will check this thread occasionally and can try to help.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Hi thanks for adding licenses to your projects that at least prevent all kind of legal headaches for anyone who wants to use your project at a later point.
    xDragon wrote: »
    There is one exception currently, I haven't added the license to classic (NS2c) yet - I have to re-download the entire repo so I can publish the update and don't have the time right now - I should have it updated tomorrow.

http://www.addalicense.com/ can help you with that ;)
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited October 2016
    Thanks, i never would have asked regardless but now that you said that, will be releasing some updated NS2C model/sound packs soon as a standalone (i won't be picking up any lua coding or anything) this might take some time as i've only just today just found some of the old files that were lost :D

Incoming solider/HA/lerk and old structure models.

edit Ghoul, please don't interject your comments before mine when they're clearly posted after, baka *plonk* Gnu general license pls