Imagine a mountain covered in fog - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited October 2016 in NS2 General Discussion

Imagine a mountain covered in fog - Natural Selection 2

We recently asked Moultano if he could write up something to explain how the improvements to the skill learning formula that Hive 2 will use will work. It seemed too...

Read the full story here

Comments

• McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    This should dramatically reduce the number of games it takes for hive to converge, and should help to mitigate smurfing.

Looking forward to seeing it in action.
  • BombBomb Australia Join Date: 2003-02-20 Member: 13766Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks all.

Appreciate all the hard work you have been putting into NS for the last year+. Keep trying new things.

.Bomb
  • BeeffBeeff Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187511Members
    Thanks for giving some details on the learning method! I was wondering how the Hive score was calculated. I've been frustrated with the DotA2 MMR system because of its very small incremental changes to your MMR score per game. Statistically it should also converge, but over several hundreds of games. SGD makes a lot more sense.

Can you talk about the actual model being used? Or is that something you want to keep hidden.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Beeff wrote: »
    Thanks for giving some details on the learning method! I was wondering how the Hive score was calculated. I've been frustrated with the DotA2 MMR system because of its very small incremental changes to your MMR score per game. Statistically it should also converge, but over several hundreds of games. SGD makes a lot more sense.

Can you talk about the actual model being used? Or is that something you want to keep hidden.

Does this answer your question?
    https://moultano.wordpress.com/2014/08/04/a-skill-ranking-system-for-natural-selection-2/