[Exploit] Infinite batteries from floodlights

EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
Obtain floodlight scan. Obtain 1 battery, 1 glass, 1 titanium.

Build floodlight. Remove battery. Deconstruct floodlight. You now have 1 glass, 1 titanium, 2 battery. Repeat as desired. Also can recharge batteries.

I would rather see construction/deconstruction being smarter than new floodlights being empty, and having to load a battery (and probably having the battery lost on deconstruct in that case...)

So that you build a light with the 3 components and it comes on, but if you remove the battery, you keep the battery, but only get the glass/titanium back from the light itself. And a constructed deployable should use the charge level of the battery it uses.

Also, I would like floodlights on bases to use base power instead of batteries. I really do like floodlights, but do not like switching out 6-8 batteries every time they run out on base lights.

Comments

• stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
    Or require a battery to be inserted before allowing deconstruction. This would still grant the exploit of putting in a depleted battery, deconstructing, reconstructing and removing a full battery, but that would be a decent amount of work to recharge a battery. I think most people would just use the battery charger over going through all that trouble. Removing the battery all together and requiring an external power source either directly or by using power relays would also overcome this exploit. Wonder if it's worth creating a "known exploit" discussion as there are several that I am aware of. The ability to use 0% durability knives, the ability to make fully charged power cells from two depleted batteries. Even the power cell charger on the Cyclops is kind of an exploit. I bet there are many more that I'm not clever enough to have thought of trying.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    That, or the base state of batteries should be discharged. All new batteries created into the game start at 0%, and the lifepod has a one-slot battery charger. Reasoning: all our tech uses the same batteries, the lifepod has a roughly 100% chance of needing to charge batteries for survivors in a lifepod-worthy situation.

Then, have creating any deployables use the battery charge level that is removed, and batteries reclaimed are not present, or pulled back at the charge level of the item. It's another check for each deconstruct, but there is only ever one deconstruct action going at once, so no big deal.