fps

malxmalx Join Date: 2014-12-02 Member: 199917Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
83sik0mm1gfh.png

anyone else getting this on net_stats 3?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    The rendering pipeline is limited to 200 fps. So what you see is normal with powerful enough pc specs.
  • malxmalx Join Date: 2014-12-02 Member: 199917Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    would it still be normal below 200 fps? i have the same reporting, or worse, at any frame rate. this also only occurred on a select few servers in past builds, now it's constant.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2016
    malx wrote: »
    would it still be normal below 200 fps? i have the same reporting, or worse, at any frame rate. this also only occurred on a select few servers in past builds, now it's constant.

The frames per seconds (fps) have not much to do with the exact server you play on but how "much" is currently processed and drawn to your screen.

Of course this means generally on a 24 slot servers you can see lower fps rates than on servers with only 12 slots as more entities need to be taken into account each frame.

You can use r_stats to get a little more info about what is going on with the rendering pipeline.

I guess in the past your bottleneck was your CPU which has changed now thanks to the latest updates including CPU performance improvements and you can reach the engine limit of 200 fps.