Repair Bots + Other Smaller Ideas

Cruster_GamingsCruster_Gamings USA Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220926Members
Repair bots- my thought for this would be a small room that you can add onto your base that has robots like the ones on the mobile vehicle bay except these ones will go to any hull breaches in your base and repair them for you. Each of them requires a welder to be able to work.

Status rifle upgrade- just how the propulsion cannon can be made into the repulsion cannon my idea is that the status rifle can be used to make another version of it that will fire a beam and whatever hits the beam will freeze and it will work on multiple targets at once rather than anything in a certain radius.

Base hull integrity- when part of your base is damaged to the point that water floods your base, more parts of the base will get damaged if you don’t fix the hull breaches in time.

Food containment unit- a form of locker that is used to store food that can spoil and it will slow/prevent food from spoiling while the food is stored in the locker.

Power depletion warnings- when your Cyclops/ Seamoth/ P.R.A.W.N/ base get down to(just as an example) 10 energy you get a warning saying that energy reserves are running low.

Damaged glass- when glass in a Cyclops or windows on your base get damaged you would need a form of gel to seal the hole in the glass.

Struggle mechanic- when a creatures grabs you there would be a mechanic to escape from the creature’s grip(for example: spam A to struggle). For bigger predators like the Reaper you could only get out of the grip if you wait or use the default arms on a P.R.A.W.N to pry the Reaper’s claws open.

Rotting food poisons the player- when the player eats a rotten cooked peeper(for example) there is a chance that it will give you food poisoning which would either slow your movement or slowly deplete your health for a certain amount of time.

Display screen- a screen where the player is able to keep notes or something like a to do list on that is placeable on a desk. Or a more simple idea; useable clipboards.

Ruined Cyclops can explode- when a Cyclops floods and sinks to the bottom of the ocean it would explode on contact(or with a delay) which would damage/kill the player if you are in a certain range of the explosion.

Stairs- when you attack these stairs to a corridor you are able to attach another corridor onto the other side of the stairs only elevated one higher/lower than the corridor the stair section was attached to. How the walls would be textured I’m not sure. I just feel like there needs to be another way to get from one floor of your base other than ladders.

Comments

• ArtoriusArtorius Indiana USA Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221998Members
    You get a big +1 from me!
  • SeaBuddySeaBuddy Join Date: 2016-09-22 Member: 222511Members
    I really like the Fridge idea! It would be awesome to store a bunch of cooked Reginalds in your Cyclops!
  • DaAngryCheeseDaAngryCheese Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222374Members
    The fridge idea would be pretty useful because in my opinion cooked food is useless unless you need food right at the moment and then you have to waste time finding that food.

The struggle idea is pretty interesting and would probably make escaping predators more entertaining. The only problem that I can see with this is, I'm pretty sure the reaper is the only animal that has animation when its attacking.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Repair bots- my thought for this would be a small room that you can add onto your base that has robots like the ones on the mobile vehicle bay except these ones will go to any hull breaches in your base and repair them for you. Each of them requires a welder to be able to work.

Status rifle upgrade- just how the propulsion cannon can be made into the repulsion cannon my idea is that the status rifle can be used to make another version of it that will fire a beam and whatever hits the beam will freeze and it will work on multiple targets at once rather than anything in a certain radius.

Base hull integrity- when part of your base is damaged to the point that water floods your base, more parts of the base will get damaged if you don’t fix the hull breaches in time.

Food containment unit- a form of locker that is used to store food that can spoil and it will slow/prevent food from spoiling while the food is stored in the locker.

Power depletion warnings- when your Cyclops/ Seamoth/ P.R.A.W.N/ base get down to(just as an example) 10 energy you get a warning saying that energy reserves are running low.

Damaged glass- when glass in a Cyclops or windows on your base get damaged you would need a form of gel to seal the hole in the glass.

Struggle mechanic- when a creatures grabs you there would be a mechanic to escape from the creature’s grip(for example: spam A to struggle). For bigger predators like the Reaper you could only get out of the grip if you wait or use the default arms on a P.R.A.W.N to pry the Reaper’s claws open.

Rotting food poisons the player- when the player eats a rotten cooked peeper(for example) there is a chance that it will give you food poisoning which would either slow your movement or slowly deplete your health for a certain amount of time.

Display screen- a screen where the player is able to keep notes or something like a to do list on that is placeable on a desk. Or a more simple idea; useable clipboards.

Ruined Cyclops can explode- when a Cyclops floods and sinks to the bottom of the ocean it would explode on contact(or with a delay) which would damage/kill the player if you are in a certain range of the explosion.

Stairs- when you attack these stairs to a corridor you are able to attach another corridor onto the other side of the stairs only elevated one higher/lower than the corridor the stair section was attached to. How the walls would be textured I’m not sure. I just feel like there needs to be another way to get from one floor of your base other than ladders.

Repair bots? I'm betting THAT could run into clipping issues in any odd bases. Those bots work because there is NOTHING to path around on the ocean surface. Pathing around variable terrain without nodes isn't easy.

Stasis. Not status. And I cannot see how that is easier to use than the current shots. Do you mean like... freeze-laser? Or some sort of continuous beam?

Bast hull integrity: so when you're running around fixing your base, you want it to KEEP breaking?

Fishtanks and planters make great food containment units that never spoil... Fridges might be nice, though.

Power depletion warning: sure, sounds good.

Glass: busywork. No thanks.

Struggle? My struggle was a Seamoth point defense firing. I'd assumed that I could just punch the Reaper with a claw or use a drill on it's face. If it grabs me, I think I'm just outright screwed.

Food already rots to negative values.
  • stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
    Does no one but me use cured food? I'm pretty sure it lasts forever. And I've seen videos of players who stock lockers with uncooked fish, who seem to never die, and thus never rot. I've never tried this as it just isn't humane to stick those poor fishies in a locker still alive. Just horrible. Totally agreeable on the power depletion warning, especially in the Seamoth. If nothing else, have the power meter start blinking red at a certain level. I would like to have a fridge, if only for aesthetic value.
  • DaAngryCheeseDaAngryCheese Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222374Members
    stevenwojo wrote: »
    Does no one but me use cured food? I'm pretty sure it lasts forever. And I've seen videos of players who stock lockers with uncooked fish, who seem to never die, and thus never rot. I've never tried this as it just isn't humane to stick those poor fishies in a locker still alive. Just horrible. Totally agreeable on the power depletion warning, especially in the Seamoth. If nothing else, have the power meter start blinking red at a certain level. I would like to have a fridge, if only for aesthetic value.

Nope, all I use is cured food

• IcremunIcremun Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222276Members
    What would cause the Cyclops to explode, it is battery powered.
  • SneakySharkSneakyShark Join Date: 2016-08-26 Member: 221739Members
    Icremun wrote: »
    What would cause the Cyclops to explode, it is battery powered.

Mabye an electrical overload due to the water?