Is there any way to destroy a Seamoth?

harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
As has happened to many others, my Seamoth has become 'grounded' on an Aurora deck at the edge of the water - and cannot be moved. This has happened on a sandy beach once but I was able get that one to move (forget how!). I have removed the battery thinking the zero power might make it explode, but no joy there. Should I build a new 'moth, I'll stil have this extra blinking icon on the horizon. Is there any debug console command to destroy or remove an object like this?

This is a pretty annoying bug - hope it will soon be fixed - shouldn't be more than a tweek to a table somewhere.

Comments

• FryerDevilFryerDevil Austrailia Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220657Members
    You can shoot stuff at it with the Propulsion Cannon to destroy it (lower its health till it explodes). You can also do this to slightly move it and just keep repairing it to (hopefully) unbeach-ify it.
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    Throw a crash fish with the propulsion canon and it's done. :D
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Pick up some debris with the Propulsion Cannon and try ti nudge it off the deck. You need a bigger piece of wreckage for that. Either you will succeed in moving the Seamoth or destroy it from collision damage.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Prop cannon is the way to go. Last night my exosuit glitched into a cave it couldn't get out of in the safe shallows, so I consoled in 10 crash fish around it, then grabbed one with the propulsion cannon and fired it into the cluster. No more exosuit. Then I consoled myself a new PRAWN, because screw that noise. I don't cheat while I play, but I don't consider using the console to get out of annoying bugs cheating.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I don't cheat while I play, but I don't consider using the console to get out of annoying bugs cheating.

Hear, hear! Debug commands are great for fixing glitches or 'restoring' stuff lost from unfortunate issues. After all, the game is in pre-release, which makes us beta testers, so using console commands this way is perfectly fair (as long as it's not abused for unfair advantages). :P
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I don't cheat while I play, but I don't consider using the console to get out of annoying bugs cheating.

Hear, hear! Debug commands are great for fixing glitches or 'restoring' stuff lost from unfortunate issues. After all, the game is in pre-release, which makes us beta testers, so using console commands this way is perfectly fair (as long as it's not abused for unfair advantages). :P

couldnt have said it better myself!