precursors gun

hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
do you think that you can disable the gun by the second you hear the message that says that the sunbeam is on its way and book it to the mountain and disable it and the sun beam land on the island and you get off the planet like a choose your one adventurer storey

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited September 2016
    do you think that you can disable the gun by the second you hear the message that says that the sunbeam is on its way and book it to the mountain and disable it and the sun beam land on the island and you get off the planet like a choose your one adventurer storey
    Far as I know... The story requires the Sunbeam to be shot down in order for the story to progress, which royally sucks on a variety of levels but that's the developer's decision. I'd say give the player a *chance* to tell them to GTFO and turn around instead of trying to land on the planet, and if you fail to do so in time, then they get shot down and that's reflected in the ending sequence. Possibly, this might contribute to a "Bad Ending". If you're able to radio them and warn them about the defense system, then they'll leave and you're on your own in getting off the planet.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    1. Spoiler Tags, please :)
    2. It would be cool if you could do this, like a secret ending for people who decide to speed run the game, or are just really skilled, because you do get to deactivate the gun in the story. I'd like it, it would be a good ending for quick players, but sadly I doubt that this will be implemented. I think there'll be a story element to ensure you can't do this, like something falls from the Sunbeam that allows you to deactivate the gun or maybe it just won't be possible. I could be wrong however, and I hope I am.
    edited September 2016
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    1. Spoiler Tags, please :)
    2. It would be cool if you could do this, like a secret ending for people who decide to speed run the game, or are just really skilled, because you do get to deactivate the gun in the story. I'd like it, it would be a good ending for quick players, but sadly I doubt that this will be implemented. I think there'll be a story element to ensure you can't do this, like something falls from the Sunbeam that allows you to deactivate the gun or maybe it just won't be possible. I could be wrong however, and I hope I am.
    You don't need to deactivate it to tell the Sunbeam that there's a big yoinking gun on the planet aiming into deep space, and that the planet likely isn't safe to approach. In order to tell them about that, you'd need to probably visit the island first, maybe attempt to access the interior or at least get close to it, then have a communication's relay with enough power to transmit the "DO NOT APPROACH!!!" message, so maybe requiring a nuclear powered base...?

I'd just like to be able to get through the game's story without another disaster going down, especially since it feels like there IS something you can do to prevent it. If they can hear your distress signal, then they can hear a warning about a mysterious probably dangerous and armed supermassive cannon on the planet.

The story's still in development, so who knows - maybe the developers might consider giving us this option. It'd be tough getting it done in time, a challenge of sorts - maybe with an achievement associated with it?
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    It would be cool, but there's not enough time to make stuff like a new ship model, other cutscenes and npcs, the sunbeam will be shot down.
    It would be cool, but there's not enough time to make stuff like a new ship model, other cutscenes and npcs, the sunbeam will be shot down.
    I don't get how having the Sunbeam turn around and then disappear into space requires needing a new ship model, cutscenes, or NPC's...
    The ship flies in then gets lasered. That's how it will be soon enough. With this alternative, it simply doesn't fly in at all. In a sense, if they went with this approach instead, there wouldn't be any *need* for a Sunbeam model since it wouldn't approach the planet to begin with.
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    if anything i think the idea that Rezca is most likely to be implmented
    if anything i think the idea that Rezca is most likely to be implmented

I like having some choice in games, where you can actually have an impact on what goes on in the game world. Being able to warn the incoming ship about the weapon platform (Which would require you visit the site at least once, I imagine) and thus saving some lives in the process, would be a nice addition and it wouldn't require as much work as the current plans do.
    However, I'd like to think that this would - and possibly should - not be an easy task for the player to do. They'd have to be quick about it at the very least. Once the game goes 1.0 and the devs start thinking about achievements, I could see warning the ship as being a possibility for one.

If they could hear our automated distress signals though, I'm sure they could hear a warning to stay away from the planet. Though.... I can't remember, but did the distress signals they pick up come from our lifepods or the Aurora itself? If the latter, maybe you'd need to repair the aurora's engines before you can warn them, using the ships communications to do so. Which I imagine would have more power than the likely weaker and more locally-focused relays on the lifepods.
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    well we dont know how big the sunbeam is it could be Anne wares between the aroras size or the small size of the cyclops