Petition to add multiplayer (preferably Co-op) once game is fully released

2»

Comments

• DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    Can I counter-sign this petition?

I am perfectly fine with Subnautica being a single player game and would rather keep it that way. For me the experience it is about being ALONE on an alien planet. Multiplayer would object to this experience.

I would rather have the devs concentrate on enhancing and completing the single player game than artificially introduce a feature I personally do not desire the least. For me it would be a lost effort and I would rarther turn away from the game if it took that route. And working as a software developer myself I can imagine this would not be an easy feat (introducing multiplayer)

Of course, opinions may differ, but this is mine.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    edited September 2016
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Usually, for bigger game companies, once a game hit full release the dev team often gets reduced in numbers as some of these devs move on to go work on other games that this company is working on to release next. That being said im not saying that this will happen to Subnautica but theres good chances that it can happen

Once the game hits V1.0 im pretty sure they'll still be working on it in order to improve some features, fix bugs and maybe work on an expansion. There will still be alot of work to be done after V1.0 and chances are that they will be reduced in numbers for the reason i pointed out earlier. If thats the case that would be extremely surprising if they had the manpower/ressources to plan on a Multiplayer feature (much less recreate the whole game for a Dont Starve together-like thing) on top of all that.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2016
    I'm in the "One Person Survivor" kinda game category.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing MMO's, I just don't think this particular game suits that style.

If they ever do a sequel where after you are picked up, you come back to colonize the world, then I'd be all for it to be a multi-player kinda thing.

Maybe even make it so we can colonize the two moons also.
    B)
This discussion has been closed.