My sound is static

Bobthedog1Bobthedog1 US Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214175Members
My sound has a static click whenever I'm in the water or near a lava pocket with the sandstone around it.
I've been told to reinstall my sound drivers but 1) I don't know how to do that 2)I've done everything I could think of and it didn't work.

This doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the game but certainly dampens it, so if you can help, please do so.

Thanks!

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2016
    It kinda sounds like you're running out of CPU power and also running your sound on the motherboard sound chip. If this happens, you can in some cases get static crackling when the CPU is eating up power. Usually because the sound chip isn't insulated or far enough away from that high voltage powerhouse
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    @Bobthedog1 Its Chin Chin demanding sacrifices
  • Bobthedog1Bobthedog1 US Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214175Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    It kinda sounds like you're running out of CPU power and also running your sound on the motherboard sound chip. If this happens, you can in some cases get static crackling when the CPU is eating up power. Usually because the sound chip isn't insulated or far enough away from that high voltage powerhouse

Thanks
  • badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    The static sound happens to me also after a good while of playing, however my audio Interface is a Babyface Pro, so it's most likely CPU.