fix loading screen in VR (extremely important)

stateofpsychosisstateofpsychosis Canada Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222112Members
edited September 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
When you're loading your game in VR, it goes to a black screen for a really long time and this is something you never want to do because of red tint issues.

The game needs something on the VR screen while it's loading.

If not, the longer that black screen sits, the worse people's red tint issues become.
By the time it finally loads for me, I have one screen completely red and one completely black.
It's disconcerting.

You never should have black screens in Oculus games because newsflash every single one of these things have red tint issues except maybe like 1 in a 100. I went through 3 replacement rifts for example and every one of them had the red tint. Even the spud tool doesn't prevent it from coming up while this game is loading. It's on the black screen way too long and it's worrisome. This is definitely something that needs to be fixed before the official release.

I would make this a high priority.

Comments

• CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    @stateofpsychosis
    I imagine this is something that will get fixed before release. I just think the Devs have a lot of high priorities. Remember they also have to support Xbox as well.

I'm not sure how easy a solution to this would be. :/
  • stateofpsychosisstateofpsychosis Canada Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222112Members
    edited September 2016
    yea I know. It's just one of those things that has to be fixed just in case having a red tint on your screen that long could hurt your thousand dollar VR headset cause this game takes a while to load. Either way, it looks disgusting and the Oculus guys don't want any full black colors because of it. For now, I'm not going to play it in VR very much just in case until this one is resolved.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    Okay, I get you :)

I hope this gets fixed ASAP :)