Prefab Doorway Geo

KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
Okay, just for fun I sat down yesterday and made some doorways out of boredom... they are pure Geo, and I've saved them as Prefabs, if anyone wants to use one or all of them let me know and i'll send you the files.

Door 1 This door shape was based off of this image -
maxresdefault.jpg
g40v2Fw.jpgpx3Hryp.jpg

Door 2 This door shape was based off of this image -
space-corridor_v08+-+Copy_o.jpg?format=original
YlrGUxe.jpgpcrhP5q.jpg

Door 3
13Cgh7e.jpgqsEfihe.jpg

Door 4
Hn2C8vr.jpg3DWuE3q.jpg

Door 5
AE5tcGs.jpgY8vFkRG.jpg

Comments

• ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    @ZycaR I've sent you a PM with a link to the prefabs bud.
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    thank you! .. I'll use it in upcoming siege map
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2016
    Great work, why not upload them to the workshop in a single mod?

Asset mods, like in the Unity store etc.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Great work, why not upload them to the workshop in a single mod?

Asset mods, like in the Unity store etc.

heh, I never thought of that... I also wouldn't know how to do it XD
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Editor won't pick up the prefabs from a mod. They're stored under an %appdata% directory.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Editor won't pick up the prefabs from a mod. They're stored under an %appdata% directory.

Exactly the reason I didn't know how I would do it :P
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2016

So? You just go to the mod on your system when it has downloaded and move the prefabs to a folder you work with :)

The same issue could be said of the ModelScaleMixin or ColoredSkins Mod on the workshop. A modders LUA code cannot reference their own appdata folder when released, they have to add the file to their own LUA directory.
    Kasharic wrote: »

Exactly the reason I didn't know how I would do it :P

Create a new mod in launchpad, call it Door Prefabs or whatever.., and then open the mod folder. Make a folder in there called prefabs, or doors, or whatever, and put the prefabs in it. Fill out the mod details, add a preview pic of the prefabs, make sure it's called preview.jpg, and click on publish mod.

Launchpad can be found in your Natural Selection 2 directory.

Edit

Sorry, just realised grandma, suck eggs and all that, if you are making Geo, you obviously know about launchpad, sorry, but I'll leave it there for others that need the info :wink:

Now that leaves me with the question, What don't you know how to do? Ultimately, you can upload almost anything to a workshop mod, even something completely non related to the game.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    that should work the same way when you would just create a drop box file and publish the download link here. If you do that with a workshop mod you will have to look through the workshop folder (where in mine are 113 mods) and then look for the right mod ID etc.

So I think doing that with the workshop would theoretically work but is to awkward to handle. Especially if you only need to download it once and then move it to your appdata directory. With the workshop version you would always have it creeping around in your workshop folder
    Now that leaves me with the question, What don't you know how to do? Ultimately, you can upload almost anything to a workshop mod, even something completely non related to the game.

The thing I didn't know how to do was make the mod reference your appdata folder, which it seems everyone agrees it cannot do, so it makes sense that I don't know how to do it :P
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    So? You just go to the mod on your system when it has downloaded and move the prefabs to a folder you work with :)

That sounds an awful lot like work to me.