Request for menu addition

TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
So, I finally built my Exosuit last night and took it out for a ride. I was prowling near the Aurora, punching Sandsharks for fun and searching for Signals, the usual stuff. At one point a Reaper attacked my Exosuit while I was outside of it, and the location beacon was jumping across the screen; when it finally settled I was dismayed to see it was beneath the ocean floor. I tried to search the debug commands for a way to rescue it; while the FreeCam command indicated the PRAWN was indeed down there, there wasn't a way to reach it and rescue it that I saw.

Now onto my point: I saw the GameReset command and decided to give it a try. I had last saved 15 minutes previously, and my entire savefile was loaded in like five seconds. This is far faster than exiting to the main menu and reloading the save file normally. My request is, if there aren't any issues, can the GameReset debug command be made into a "Reload Last Save" menu button? It's a really handy feature to have that shouldn't be buried in debug commands; or worse, not available when the game launches for retail.

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    its the exosuit, not all the kinks are worked out; you need a flat surface to land on or this could happen at any time. they should have fixed that a while ago though as its been a bug since late april.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    I know, but I'm not complaining about the exosuit displacement. What I want instead is for the debug command "GameReset" be made into an actual menu option. It's so nice to reload a save file under 10 seconds instead of taking over two minutes to exit to main menu, unloading the data in memory just to turn around and load the data back in again.