How to explore without using oxygen in survival [No cheats or console!]

TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members

CAUTION!
You will be stuck if you do not build a hatch on a structure on the ground eg. make a walkway tunnel on the ground somewhere and put a hatch on the side

1. Make a multipurpose room (Can be scanned on the floating island)
2. Make 2 glass for a window
3. Make a builder tool
4. Inside the multipurpose room make a window
5. Walk as close as possible to the center of the window
6. Keep walking and then attempt to deconstruct the window

Video:

You should fall through if successful. Good luck scanning that reaper or whatever you plan to do with this :)

Notes:

- You can fully interact with the environment

- Aggressive fauna and flora will not attack you

- You can not swim so you have to jump and walk everywhere (If you have played Skyrim it is essentially the same jumping)

- The only way to escape is to use a hatch or vehicles CAUTION -> (I strongly advise using a hatch or you will be glitched and you will start walking on your back, then it will be very hard to find your way)

Here is what happens when you use a vehicle (Why can't I put 2 youtube links in a thread?)

Comments

• LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    Ah, this. I did this by accident, but not with a window. On occasion I'd fall through the seams between seabase modules (for instance, the seam connecting the Moonpool with the rest of the base).
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited August 2016
    The easier way (at least this used to work) was to build a corridor off an MP room and put a bulkhead in it, then deconstruct the room - you'd wind up with a corridor with a bulkhead to the outside. You could then walk through said bulkhead and do precisely this. The advantage is, you can also go BACK through the bulkhead to resume normal function. I'ma go see if this still works.

EDIT: Yes, it still works. Also you can place appliances normally only allowed indoors (like fabricators) on any random surface in the environment you want, and they will be powered by your base.

EDIT 2: I can only assume this exploit will be squashed by 1.0 release.
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    The easier way (at least this used to work) was to build a corridor off an MP room and put a bulkhead in it, then deconstruct the room - you'd wind up with a corridor with a bulkhead to the outside. You could then walk through said bulkhead and do precisely this. The advantage is, you can also go BACK through the bulkhead to resume normal function. I'ma go see if this still works.

EDIT: Yes, it still works. Also you can place appliances normally only allowed indoors (like fabricators) on any random surface in the environment you want, and they will be powered by your base.

How do you build a bulkhead in a multipurpose room?
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    No cheats? An exploit is certainly a cheat.
    This has happened to me a couple of times by mistake and it's always annoying having to figure out how to get back inside if there's not an easily accessible door.

Hopefully.
    Tyderf wrote: »
    How do you build a bulkhead in a multipurpose room?

You don't. You build it in a corridor off the MP room.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    So basically... you're deliberately causing the exosuit bug.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Oh this bug... the devs are aware of it... I don't expect this bug to last long.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Has anyone tried building & deconstructing a chain of corridors/multi-purpose rooms (from inside) to make their way across the map?
    I have no clue whether it'd work. But it'd be great of you could do it and keep only 3-4 constructed at any one time.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Mouse wrote: »
    Has anyone tried building & deconstructing a chain of corridors/multi-purpose rooms (from inside) to make their way across the map?
    I have no clue whether it'd work. But it'd be great of you could do it and keep only 3-4 constructed at any one time.

I'm not sure how easily you could deconstruct a corridor section from within, but in theory this could work. The question is why you'd want to do this.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'm not sure how easily you could deconstruct a corridor section from within, but in theory this could work. The question is why you'd want to do this.
    Mostly, just to see if you could. :p
    Well.... fair enough. I'd be interested to see if the reaper would attack you there - never built a base in their territory.