Mods?

Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members Posts: 804 Advanced user
So I heard that Future Perfect will be a lot about modding. So if it is i'm going to be creating mods like CRAZY!!!! So before I do start (and before Future Perfect comes out) I would like to know what types of mods people want to see and how people are going to be able to create the mods.
#SAVETHEROCKPUNCHER
Theorist, 2nd in Command of the PH/SP Warper Forces, Gamer!

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,825 admin
    edited September 2016
    Hi Nautical_Nick!

Unfortunately right now, the future of Future Perfect is very uncertain. Currently it is on "indefinite hold," which means no work is being done on the game, currently. This certainly doesn't mean it is for-sure never coming back, but just that at the moment, nobody knows what will happen with this game, as the team is super busy with making Subnautica the best it can be.

I love your enthusiasm for modding, though! :)
    Sorry I couldn't be delivering better news. :(
    Nautical_Nick
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members Posts: 804 Advanced user
    I know that @BeigeAlert, I just wanted to know what types of mods people would want to see when the game is put up for sale.
    #SAVETHEROCKPUNCHER
    BeigeAlert
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members Posts: 804 Advanced user
    Sooooo..... Will there be the capability to mod the game? If so than im even more hyped!
    #SAVETHEROCKPUNCHER
    Is there going to be modding support? Im looking into learning how to code and design 3D models and this would be a great start! (I already do a coding course)
    #SAVETHEROCKPUNCHER
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,825 admin
    Is there going to be modding support? Im looking into learning how to code and design 3D models and this would be a great start! (I already do a coding course)

The game is essentially ALL about mods. :) Someone summed it up as (might have been me for all I know, just don't recall) trying to capture that same spirit of sharing custom Starcraft and Warcraft 3 custom maps. Basically: easy/fast to create and share your creations with your friends.
    Nautical_Nick
    YAY! Thanks for telling me! So what mods would you like to see people add? (No, I'm not a game news reporter)
    #SAVETHEROCKPUNCHER
    I have come up with some AWESOME mod ideas that I think would be really fun and interesting in Future Perfect!
    #SAVETHEROCKPUNCHER
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue Posts: 4,268 Advanced user
    edited September 2016
    I certainly hope your enthusiasm encourages UWE to pick Future Perfect up again once Subnautica is released. I was particularly looking forward to this one getting finished myself :smiley:
    Games:Subnautica Fan Game Mods: GorgeCraft & CTF & Proving Grounds Website: andysoulrider.uk
    Twitter: @AndySoulRider Twitch: Twitch.tv/SoulRider YouTube: Youtube.com/user/IamSoulRider/videos

Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
    Knowledge is gained through listening, Understanding is gained through discussion.
    YEAH! I really hope that once the game is back on development a steam version will be put up for sale.
    #SAVETHEROCKPUNCHER