Spotlight

CaptainRonCaptainRon Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219569Members
So I was looking up to see how much power a spotlight would need to be used and I came across 2 details that it was supposed to follow the player and/or fauna... was that changed or is it a bug? I built my base around sandsharks and it didn't follow them so I'm curious.

Comments

• KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    Same problem here:
    1. You can't even build more then 1 or 2 because they drain just SO MUCH energy
    2. That "the light follows lifeforms near your base"-thingy isn't working for me either. Didn't follow the peepers that were near my base and also ignored the stalkers nearby.

In future patches the devs want that agressive lifeforms attack your base if you build it near some predators so maybe the spotlights will have a defensive use in upcoming updates. But for now they are not working for me besides from looking cool. :(
  • CaptainRonCaptainRon Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219569Members
    Yea, the energy drain is unreal... actually thinking about leaving these off entirely but they just look so amazing. :(
  • PauoloPauolo France Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214187Members
    Couple those with a water filtration machine and you can die of asphyxiation over the night if you don't have a nuclear reactor. :|
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Never worked for me either. I tend to build a few for the look and for feeling like I've earned something, but they have no real function and require a lot of energy.