prawn update

ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
The prawn update has really ****ed up my day bcuz fragments are impossible to get now and the torpedo arm doesn't work you need diamonds just to get to fragments that you need to get diamonds

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    You don't need fragments to get diamonds, and many fragments don't need a laser cutter to reach. I know they moved a lot of stuff around with the new update, but that just means you need to re-learn what you have already learned.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    ech0gh0st wrote: »
    The prawn update has really ****ed up my day bcuz fragments are impossible to get now and the torpedo arm doesn't work you need diamonds just to get to fragments that you need to get diamonds

Diamonds. Mountain island. No fragments needed.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members

You even get a beacon to it when you repair the Aurora reactor. Almost all pod beacons send you to somewhere useful, too.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members

Let me get this straight. We're supposed to go - with no submarine, no non-lethal deterrents or protection technology - to the Reaper-guarded island to get resources so we can build all the things that make Reapers survivable and not guaranteed-fatal?

Do I have that right? Next you'll tell us we have to dive to the ILZ to get Seamoth fragments... Though from what I'm seeing in this update I would no longer consider that absurd and would not put it past the apparent troop of drunken chimpanzees they have assigned to "balance" in this game.
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members

The reaper F***s with me
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    You don't need fragments to get diamonds, and many fragments don't need a laser cutter to reach. I know they moved a lot of stuff around with the new update, but that just means you need to re-learn what you have already learned.
    Most wreck have most fragments in the room that needs to be cut open I used free am to look for alt ways but found none and I need 1-2 more scans
  • xReixRei Join Date: 2016-08-23 Member: 221645Members
    edited August 2016
    Here is a simple solution for diamonds. Things you will need:

- Basics(Food, Water, Fins, Scanner, etc)
    - A few O2 tanks. 135 max O2 is good here.
    - Sea Glide
    - Rebreather
    - Spare Batteries(3 would be good)

Only the Sea Glide requires fragments in this case and they are littered all over the place in the shallows. Now, swim out towards the floating island. Once you reach the grand reef area, swim directly downwards with the Sea Glide. Scour along the walls below about 200-250m. You will have limited time of course, but as long as you go to resurface with the Sea Glide once you get to around 40~ oxygen(Or less if you wanna push it) you will be fine. You'll find a diamond inside some of the basalt outcrops before long.

It's also entirely possible to craft a Seamoth before you do this if you really want to. The fragments for making one can all be found near Grassy Plateau wrecks and such.

Now I'll grant you that a NEW player isn't going to know to do all that stuff or exactly where to go to find it. That's part of the fun with this game of course -- you are meant to explore. Obviously there is a balance to maintain too, and admittedly the game could use more gentle nudges that direct the player towards some of the more progression-dependent fragments(Seamoth, Vehicle Bay, Moonpool, and Vehicle Modification Station especially). Most other fragments are just quality of life or convenience improvements.
  • ElMonstroElMonstro Germany Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221570Members
    Isnt here a moderator or something to close this threads and refer to the first whiningthread opened about prawn?
    I mean this mimimithreads grow as fast as jellyshrooms! This is the... 5?9? About the same topics?

This game is about exploration and survival. You can go everywhere at any time. If you survive it depends on your own skills. All predators write a whole letter, before they attack. Play an hour if dark souls 1 or 3 (not 2.. no, not 2) and you will akquire the skills to easily dodge and laugh at reapers, sandsharks, bonesharks and... No, not the empsquid... Nonono this thing is evil... Yes, pire evil... It sits in this wonderful illuminated caverns full of bloodvines and uraniumcrystals and nukular reactor fragments and waits for you... *whispering* its pure eeevil... Ya hear me???
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    Does really nobody know that basalt drops diamond and is all over the southern areas?

Also many of the rooms that you can enter through the laser cutter are also accessible through alternate paths.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Terrazin wrote: »
    Does really nobody know that basalt drops diamond and is all over the southern areas?

Also many of the rooms that you can enter through the laser cutter are also accessible through alternate paths.

this, basically

At the mountains biome, all you need to do is break some basalt chunk on the island or on the side of it to find more diamonds than you need thru the game. The Reaper Lev swims pretty deep under the sea and you can find many diamonds at sea level/above sea level quite easily.

So in other words the only limitations you're suffering to get diamonds is only created by you yourself. If you know where to look, nothing limits you in this game, not even the Reapers
    xRei wrote: »
    Here is a simple solution for diamonds. Things you will need:

- Basics(Food, Water, Fins, Scanner, etc)
    - A few O2 tanks. 135 max O2 is good here.
    - Sea Glide
    - Rebreather
    - Spare Batteries(3 would be good)

Only the Sea Glide requires fragments in this case and they are littered all over the place in the shallows. Now, swim out towards the floating island. Once you reach the grand reef area, swim directly downwards with the Sea Glide. Scour along the walls below about 200-250m. You will have limited time of course, but as long as you go to resurface with the Sea Glide once you get to around 40~ oxygen(Or less if you wanna push it) you will be fine. You'll find a diamond inside some of the basalt outcrops before long.

It's also entirely possible to craft a Seamoth before you do this if you really want to. The fragments for making one can all be found near Grassy Plateau wrecks and such.

Now I'll grant you that a NEW player isn't going to know to do all that stuff or exactly where to go to find it. That's part of the fun with this game of course -- you are meant to explore. Obviously there is a balance to maintain too, and admittedly the game could use more gentle nudges that direct the player towards some of the more progression-dependent fragments(Seamoth, Vehicle Bay, Moonpool, and Vehicle Modification Station especially). Most other fragments are just quality of life or convenience improvements.

I'm having problems getting the last fragments for mobile vehicle bay
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    orobouros wrote: »

Let me get this straight. We're supposed to go - with no submarine, no non-lethal deterrents or protection technology - to the Reaper-guarded island to get resources so we can build all the things that make Reapers survivable and not guaranteed-fatal?

Do I have that right? Next you'll tell us we have to dive to the ILZ to get Seamoth fragments... Though from what I'm seeing in this update I would no longer consider that absurd and would not put it past the apparent troop of drunken chimpanzees they have assigned to "balance" in this game.

The reaper F***s with me

The reaper tends to stay to the opposite side of the island, in the actual Mountain biome. It doesn't usually come to the side most players would approach from.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    @dealwithitdog

Agreed. I remember the reaper used to be in the shallow region and was a real menace (He once clipped through the beach and bit me whilst I stood on a boulder) but I've only spotted him on the other side recently, at maybe 200 metres below. There's a wreck down there that he guards.
  • AlarethAlareth USA Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221710Members
    orobouros wrote: »

The Reaper spawns on the north side of the mountain, the southern side with the beach is Reaper free. The only "threat" there are Biters and they are at most an annoyance. As of the current update there aren't any Cave Crawlers on the beach so there is even less to worry about.

It's the first place I go after getting the Seaglide and a couple of batteries.