So... solar panel fragments are still in the safe shallows, right?

DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
I'm finding nothing but seaglide fragments. Searching high and low, even went out to the red grass wreck to see if they'd moved it there. Nope. I have a bioreactor recipe now, but not solar panels.

Come on... seriously? Honestly, you shouldn't even have to unlock solar panels. They should be a default recipe. As it is I have a base with no power that I have to run in and out of to store all my items. Its getting real old real fast.

Comments

• Kapanator13Kapanator13 Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-08-24 Member: 221673Members
    I started a new game last night and I did find some solar panel fragments in the Shallows and by kelp area.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Yes I still found the solar panels in the shallows. Did you check in some of the wrecks in the shallows? I've found the fragments are gravitating to the wrecks more in this patch.
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    Check the kelp forest too, that's where I found mine.
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    I'll keep looking. As of now, I swam all the way to the floating island, scanned the multipurpose room, and set up a bioreactor. Still haven't seen one solar panel fragment.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    I found mine in the safe shallows, so they are there. There were also quite a few seaglide fragments, too, so just keep scanning them so they disappear. Sometimes if I don't, I pass by the same one over and over and wonder why there are fifty million x fragments while I'm looking for y fragment. XD
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    I think they changed location in the power nap update. I find mine exclusively in kelp forests now.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I think you just got unlucky with fragment placements on your game cuz i just started a new save yesterday after the patch and i found more than enough solar panel frags in the shallows. Its also true that now fragments are more concentrated around and in wrecks now so the ones in the shallows should contain some

Also, where theres little piles of wreckage where you find the luggage, Lab counter and lab equipments, theres often a few there for me so you might find some there as well.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    noticed that they are a lot more common near kelp forests.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    You also need a lot less fragments to unlock stuff now.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I found that the fragments in the safe shallows and kelp forest are either solar panels or seaglide. I have not found any cyclops hull fragments in the grassy plateau areas bordering the safe shallows although the battery charger and seamoth is there. The only place I could find the mobile vehicle bay was the wreck in the plateaus near the mushroom forest...nothing in the other wrecks I've explored so far, but I only played for about half an hour.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    I found that the fragments in the safe shallows and kelp forest are either solar panels or seaglide. I have not found any cyclops hull fragments in the grassy plateau areas bordering the safe shallows although the battery charger and seamoth is there. The only place I could find the mobile vehicle bay was the wreck in the plateaus near the mushroom forest...nothing in the other wrecks I've explored so far, but I only played for about half an hour.

I found the cyclops parts over towards mushroom forest that is nearest the Aurora.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members

I did manage to find one cyclops hull fragment in the grassy plateau area near a wreck. It blended in so well with the wreckage that the only reason I caught it was because I had my scanner out and the name popped up as I swam by it.
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    edited August 2016
    Well, finally I found two of them. In the kelp forests. After I had built a seamoth and searched high and low. I've noticed alot of fragments were moved inside wrecks, which I like. As it makes sense, and makes them centralized to a location instead of spread across the ocean floor.

If I could make a suggestion, to any dev reading this... move the fragments into one of the wrecks in the safe shallows. There are alot of debris fields in the shallows, and one or two small wrecks. If the fragments were there, that would not only make sense, but could save playthroughs like mine when the RNG decides to be a troll.

Also, I found cyclops engine fragments in the jelly shroom caves, and the hull and bridge fragments in the mushroom forest. Apparently the cyclops likes its shrooms.
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2016
    tl;dr Solar Panel Fragments are in mostly in Kelp Forest, rare in safe shallows. And its not RNG, Fragments should be hand placed, except if they changed something the last few months i dont know about. Visit: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Fragments to check which fragments are in which biome.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Wheeljack wrote: »
    I did manage to find one cyclops hull fragment in the grassy plateau area near a wreck. It blended in so well with the wreckage that the only reason I caught it was because I had my scanner out and the name popped up as I swam by it.
    That's actually the reason that I like the fragments are almost all a generic locker shape. They're much easier to identify than the fragments that've been updated to their final art.