So like Alterra corp are jerks lol

RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
30wprl6y6hoj.jpg

appears that survival on this planet isn't free or cheap >.> money grubbers! Can't even try to survive without them charging me an arm and a leg.

Comments

• LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Oh yeah that bug! I meant to post that in the bug section as well but now I don't, thanks for pushing that to the trello xD
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Makes you reconsider the idea of disabling that gun, doesn't it?
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    Waitaminute? Wouldn't that "we own anything you mine" only apply if they owned the planet you're on? Go figure... megacorps are always about profit. I wouldn't be surprised if they were like Alad V (from Warframe)... Throwing away ethics in favor of finding ways to gain MORE profit...
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Ralij wrote: »

Who said anything about disabling it when you can take control of it and claim this planet as your own! MWUHAHAHAHA!!!!

I like the way you think.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    Waitaminute? Wouldn't that "we own anything you mine" only apply if they owned the planet you're on? Go figure... megacorps are always about profit. I wouldn't be surprised if they were like Alad V (from Warframe)... Throwing away ethics in favor of finding ways to gain MORE profit...
    I think the theory is that you're still their employee despite being stranded, so anything you do or make belongs to them, no matter where you are.

Remember this is set in a future where the corporation IS the government.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Question is, does being stranded count as work time, vacation or absence without pay?
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Well, you're inconveniencing them by not building that phasegate they wanted, so probably the latter. On the other hand, you were expected to be in transit for several more months, so they might not have noticed yet.
  • aneyeaneye MSK Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219014Members
    Mirality wrote: »
    they might not have noticed yet
    They are aware of the situation. Aurora's blackbox device states that "Emergency distress signal sent to Alterra listening buoy" during planet fall.

• EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    I don't think they would actually be jerks about it. As in real life, standing orders and directives can be countermanded retroactively at the discretion of the company.
    They'd see the survivor as a blessing, something salvaged from an absolute wasteful disaster.

I like to think they'll make me Governor of the new colony that will inevitably be established and perhaps even name the colony after me.

The Alterra Corporation. Ad astra per aspera.
  • awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Ralij wrote: »

Who said anything about disabling it when you can take control of it and claim this planet as your own! MWUHAHAHAHA!!!!
    As I turned the corner ready for a big gun I walked in to thin air. Disappointed I would not be to cause chaos I walked back to my cyclops ready for a new day-What just happened in my subanutica world
  • BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    How can the planet be Alterran property when it has sentient life (Sea Emperor maybe?) on it AND another, more advanced species (Precursors) has claimed it first.
    What the hell is the Earth's government doing to reel in these idiotic corporations from starting potential wars that can endanger us all?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    BloodGod22 wrote: »
    How can the planet be Alterran property when it has sentient life (Sea Emperor maybe?) on it AND another, more advanced species (Precursors) has claimed it first.
    What the hell is the Earth's government doing to reel in these idiotic corporations from starting potential wars that can endanger us all?

If you read some of the lore data entries you'll find that Alterra IS your government. There is no "Earth government" to speak of.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    Question is, does being stranded count as work time, vacation or absence without pay?

Not only are you going bankrupt the second youre rescued, but they also remove all your vacation permissions for the next 10 years :wink:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Wow... this points to an ending where you never leave the planet, but rather hiding on it and having daily tea breaks and chess matches with Sea Emporers...
  • BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    BloodGod22 wrote: »

If you read some of the lore data entries you'll find that Alterra IS your government. There is no "Earth government" to speak of.

Well that sucks... why are we trying to leave the planet again? To end up in space jail?
    So lemme guess. You're EXPENDABLE? I'd like to know how much they spent training you only to force you to throw your life away when in a survival situation, or profit from your efforts to stay alive. I'd hate to think what they will do if you attempt a strike against their policies...
  • nocommonsensenocommonsense Join Date: 2016-08-16 Member: 221427Members
    They're a full Ayn Rand nightmare corp confirmed by the "Responsible Autonomous Relationships" datapad. Giving responsible SovCorps a bad name.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    They're a full Ayn Rand nightmare corp confirmed by the "Responsible Autonomous Relationships" datapad. Giving responsible SovCorps a bad name.

IKR? And the one where the guy is getting dumped, and they're talking to each other like freaking robots? "I would like to alter the terms of our relationship?" What the crap is that?
  • idow373idow373 N/A Join Date: 2016-06-29 Member: 219281Members
    Alterra Corp: huge dicks