August update fun and questions

TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
I tried playing a new game last night, and I have a couple thoughts/concerns about the latest update. First, the good stuff:

1. The Seamoth handles beautifully now! I like how it drifts for a second when you take off and stop, the 'floaty' movement adds to the feel that you're underwater.
2. The Aurora actually feels more like a real place now, since there are more areas to explore in it. Also adding Bleeders to parts of the ship made staying focused more important.
3. Removing the MP Room from the beginning also made travel feel more important, as you had more reasons to visit the islands. Maybe some scannable stuff could be added to the mountain island as well?

Now for a couple questions about this latest patch:

1. Water shifts across the floor of the Lifepod 5 now, whereas before it didn't. I thought maybe it was due to being damaged, but when I repaired it the effect remains. It's not game-breaking but it is noticeable.
2. Debris fields pop up in areas they don't normally appear in. This has happened before, but it's more of an issue now, since I could scan items such as PRAWN arm modules before ever visiting the Aurora. (I found 4 drill arms outside my base alone)
3. I managed to find a Magnetite on the mountain island, which unlocked the Compass. Later when I went to craft it, the recipe no longer needs Magnetite... Is this intended? I mean it makes sense to need Magnetite for the compass to work, but otherwise why lock the recipe away this way?

All in all, I'm happy with the update and the game overall. I can't wait for the final release to launch!

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    to answer the second half of your questions 1 & 2 both of those are bugs. #2 I think they resolved since I haven't seen them anymore in experimental, #1 is of course a bug which I think they're planning on squashing at some point, it's a similar bug to the one where if you built a multipurpose room above water but still in water it showed water inside. No idea about the compass yet as I haven't made it that far in my current playthrough on experimental.