TOP 5 Coolest biomes ?

DoubleJDoubleJ UK Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213425Members
Hello!
I am back with another TOP 5
hope you will like it :)

Comments

• BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    Dayum son, you have an accent that would make Mother Russia proud! :p
    Also the coolest biome is definitely the Arctic one.
  • DoubleJDoubleJ UK Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213425Members
    BloodGod22 wrote: »
    Dayum son, you have an accent that would make Mother Russia proud! :p
    Also the coolest biome is definitely the Arctic one.

thank you Sir! :D
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Maybe just a bit too early, as probably the Lost river and Lava biomes will get the 2 new top ones in 1 or 2 months.

And maybe the Koosh zone suffers a bit from the zero interactivity with its greatest plant miracles - the Koosh. Those plants need an extra thrill for their beauty and strangeness. And maybe special creatures that harvest, protect or lure inside the Koosh. Or maybe the Koosh could suck the player inside if he gets too close? Or the giant Koosh could get interiors to open on a special chemical agent from a creature? Anyways, the Koosh suffer from sharing the Ampeel with the Blood kelp as the main predator. What would be better: The Koosh with the Ampeel and the Spine Eel for the Blood kelp together with those tiny Spinefish? Or the Ampeel in the Blood kelp?

And you made me ask why the Bonesharks are so plenty at the underwater islands. Maybe there is a relationship between Bonesharks and big floaters? But then the Bonesharks should lure around the biggest floating island with those biggest of all floaters. Maybe not a bad idea to prevent "omnipotent" players from visiting the floating island too early and without any Seaglide or Seamoth.

The Grand reef will get epen creepier with the new Crabsquid EMP. I already start to avoid the deeper parts early on because thinking they would ruin my Seamoth or Prawn there. Maybe the Prawn needs an EMP defense system developped from the Precursor tech found at their bases.
    ... Also the coolest biome is definitely the Arctic one.

The non-existing arctic one. Not even the Roadmap shows it for 2017.
    zetachron wrote: »
    Maybe just a bit too early, as probably the Lost river and Lava biomes will get the 2 new top ones in 1 or 2 months.

And maybe the Koosh zone suffers a bit from the zero interactivity with its greatest plant miracles - the Koosh. Those plants need an extra thrill for their beauty and strangeness. And maybe special creatures that harvest, protect or lure inside the Koosh. Or maybe the Koosh could suck the player inside if he gets too close? Or the giant Koosh could get interiors to open on a special chemical agent from a creature? Anyways, the Koosh suffer from sharing the Ampeel with the Blood kelp as the main predator. What would be better: The Koosh with the Ampeel and the Spine Eel for the Blood kelp together with those tiny Spinefish? Or the Ampeel in the Blood kelp?

And you made me ask why the Bonesharks are so plenty at the underwater islands. Maybe there is a relationship between Bonesharks and big floaters? But then the Bonesharks should lure around the biggest floating island with those biggest of all floaters. Maybe not a bad idea to prevent "omnipotent" players from visiting the floating island too early and without any Seaglide or Seamoth.

The Grand reef will get epen creepier with the new Crabsquid EMP. I already start to avoid the deeper parts early on because thinking they would ruin my Seamoth or Prawn there. Maybe the Prawn needs an EMP defense system developped from the Precursor tech found at their bases.
    ... Also the coolest biome is definitely the Arctic one.

The non-existing arctic one. Not even the Roadmap shows it for 2017.

as always this is awesome feedback! thank you!
    any other ideas of what top 10's or top 5's i should do ?
  • Midnight_TeaMidnight_Tea Join Date: 2016-08-27 Member: 221790Members
    Is it weird for me to say "all of them"? Part of Subnautica's appeal to me is just how vibrant and beautiful the game is. Even the Safe Shallows is basically bathed in color, especially thanks to all the bio-luminescent creatures. And while the shallows may not possess the "wow" factor of places like the grand reef or jellyshroom caves, we'd not appreciate them as much if the whole game looked like that.

Really, Subnautica is a triumphant example of how to have a jaw-dropping beautiful game even with modest terrain features or models.
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    WOAH what are your specs how do you get so much fps!?
    @DoubleJ
    Right now I only have the idea of the 5 or 10 greatest mysteries of Subnautica.
    Fauna or Flora that is awesome, eerie and mysterious in function, like:
    • Floaters (where do they come from and do they eat rocks?)
    • Reefbacks (why aren't they eaten by leviathans or floaters?)
    • Koosh Bushes (eerie, is something inside?)
    • Floating Stones (what makes them glow and float?)
    • Blood Cave Roots (are they part of a bigger organism?)
    • Jellyshrooms (what makes them so big and glowing?)
    • Membrain Trees (what's that membrane for?)
    • Lost River Giant Cove Tree (What's the purpose?)
    • Lost River Giant Skeleton (Where does it come from?)

Of course there is the main game mystery of the Precursors and the Sea Emperor. And it might take 2 months for more reveals and pictures or object implementations on that. Maybe you can get precursor base pictures or use the Emperor spawn at the Sea Emperor prison location. Or just ignore those 2 mysteries right now.
    Tyderf wrote: »
    WOAH what are your specs how do you get so much fps!?

nothing too fancy :)
    Procas :Intel® CORE® i7-4790K Ramai: 16 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz CL9 Main board : Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H SSD: Intel® 530 series SSD 120 GB VGA : NVidia GeForce GTX 970 Maitinimas : 700W FSP 88+ (80PLUS SILVER)
    @DoubleJ

Of course there is the main game mystery of the Precursors and the Sea Emperor. And it might take 2 months for more reveals and pictures or object implementations on that. Maybe you can get precursor base pictures or use the Emperor spawn at the Sea Emperor prison location. Or just ignore those 2 mysteries right now.

Hey these are awesome ideas!
    can i use them in future Subnauticas video ?
    DoubleJ wrote: »
    @DoubleJ

Hey these are awesome ideas!
    can i use them in future Subnauticas video ?

Sure, just use as you wish. Love to watch your videos.