Controlled Aquarium Breeding

SanguisDiabolusSanguisDiabolus Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220790Members
Is there any way to control or limit animals that breed inside tanks? I wanted to create a spectacle of ampeels inside an aquarium, but the damn things bred so fast it started murdering my framerate. Had to fish out 2 of the eggs and then deconstruct the tanks to get rid of them. Any way to say, get their number to 4 and then make it so no more eggs are produced?

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    such a thing could maybe be possible, if we had something like a Seabase control station that allowed us to control many things in our bases like the lighting, energy consumption of devices likes the water filtration machine and so on ... for now theres no way to control all that, just like the aquarium breeding rate.

Maybe one day :p
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    I think there is a limit of 10 fish per aquarium.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    such a thing could maybe be possible, if we had something like a Seabase control station that allowed us to control many things in our bases like the lighting, energy consumption of devices likes the water filtration machine and so on ... for now theres no way to control all that, just like the aquarium breeding rate.

Maybe one day :p

Have been waiting for something like this forever...
    I cri evry tiem
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Terrazin wrote: »
    I think there is a limit of 10 fish per aquarium.
    ^ Although I think it's 10 per aquarium construction, so if you have a double-height one then the limit is 20.

The easiest way to limit population of a certain kind of fish is to put in singles of other fish until you have the desired limit. So if you want no more than 4 ampeels in a single-height aquarium, then put in 6 single other fish and your 2 initial ampeels/eggs.
  • rezn0I2rezn0I2 Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221316Members
    edited August 2016
    Is there any way to control or limit animals that breed inside tanks? I wanted to create a spectacle of ampeels inside an aquarium, but the damn things bred so fast it started murdering my framerate. Had to fish out 2 of the eggs and then deconstruct the tanks to get rid of them. Any way to say, get their number to 4 and then make it so no more eggs are produced?

Ive had the same thing happen to me. only the amp eels seem to breed out of control and regardless of cap. i shove them all in my bioreactors and it got really buggy. If you notice, amp eels and other eggs creatures have weird sizes in your inventory. sometimes ill pick up an eel and it will take 1 slot. other times 6. i put 6 eels in the reactor then came back, they had grown to take more space then you can fit.

Also, im using experimental, so dont know if that makes a difference
  • SanguisDiabolusSanguisDiabolus Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220790Members
    rezn0I2 wrote: »

Ive had the same thing happen to me. only the amp eels seem to breed out of control and regardless of cap. i shove them all in my bioreactors and it got really buggy. If you notice, amp eels and other eggs creatures have weird sizes in your inventory. sometimes ill pick up an eel and it will take 1 slot. other times 6. i put 6 eels in the reactor then came back, they had grown to take more space then you can fit.

Also, im using experimental, so dont know if that makes a difference

I have noticed that weird size thing as well. It happens on stable too.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    I have noticed that weird size thing as well. It happens on stable too.

Dear Developers,

"Stable"

czo9vjiqfzeq.png