Safe Shallows not so safe

JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
I started a new game and I have 3 of the Mushroom snakes and 6 of the big poison whale like guys near my life pod.

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    The gastropods are to be expected, but I'm surprised about the crabsnakes showing up there. Must be a bug.
  • dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
    The gastropods are to be expected, but I'm surprised about the crabsnakes showing up there. Must be a bug.

I think he meant the crash fish :D
  • MushroomhermitMushroomhermit Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220791Members
    Jacara wrote: »
    ... I have 3 of the Mushroom snakes...

Sounds like he actually meant the crabsnakes.

• dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members

Yeah probably but how would they end up there?
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    dargan012 wrote: »

Yeah probably but how would they end up there?

That is legit confusing.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    It sounds like he's found the secret hardcore mode already.
    @dealwithitdog hit him with your neuralyzer, quick.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    It sounds like he's found the secret hardcore mode already.
    @dealwithitdog hit him with your neuralyzer, quick.

I didn't even realize. WE GOT A CODE RED!!!!
    2ox5dmw9clq1.gif
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    I've had both sandsharks and bonesharks appear right next to my pod within the first sixty seconds of a game. Nothing new here.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    There is a bug going on right now in experimental only I think that is causing crabsnakes to spawn throughout the world lol. I saw one in the sparse reef.
  • raven0akraven0ak finalnd Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211425Members
    crab snake is visual bug more like, had few show up around my shallows base think build 361xx , whats more they appear with "pick up" option for exosuit that bugs inventory if you loot it (seems database messed some peeper or other small edible fishes into crabsnake):D
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    raven0ak wrote: »
    crab snake is visual bug more like, had few show up around my shallows base think build 361xx , whats more they appear with "pick up" option for exosuit that bugs inventory if you loot it (seems database messed some peeper or other small edible fishes into crabsnake):D

Nah the one circling my pod attacked me and took me to 10% HP. I think I saw it come up through the ground, and all 3 hang out at the surface and never dive down below 2-3 meters.
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    Super aggro strikes again. Sand sharks phased into walls of wrecks to bite your ass as you explore, reapers in the shallows, now these things.

Gee, sure glad the game isn't too easy though.
  • HexivaHexiva The Inactive Lava Zone Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219670Members
    I always felt like the name 'Safe Shallows' was a bit of a misnomer, ever since that one sand shark decided to take up residence right next to my life pod for most of the early game. It made trips outside more exciting, lemme tell you that.

Surprise crabsnakes are a step up, though!
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    I've complained vehemently about the gasopods since the Machine Update (I think). Just because you need the gas pods for gas torpedoes doesn't mean we need to trip over hazardous critters literally every dozen yards or so within the safe area. Or that they need to come in groups of 4 or 6, instead of the 1 or 2 they did previously. Geez. Enough is enough.

But I have also had a sandshark randomly spawn in the dead center of the Shallows, nowhere near any plateaus. Boy was that an unpleasant surprise, since there's not really anywhere to run from one in shallow water. I could explain a crabsnake clipping through the rock and ending up in the shallows, but a sandshark pretty much has to spawn there, which I assume this one did. He stayed around through multiple reloads, too, basically camping a whole section of the Shallows I could no longer farm because of him.

And while I've also had the usual Day 1 Stalkers-right-under-your-pod happen, I've also had one move out of his kelp forest about 50 or 60 meters to swim around all day and night right under the pod, permanently. He wasn't there the whole time I lived out of the pod, but by the time I'd built a base elsewhere, he'd moved in directly below the hatch.

This sort of thing is seriously going to piss off and discourage new players, and should be addressed with some vigor.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    orobouros wrote: »
    I've complained vehemently about the gasopods since the Machine Update (I think). Just because you need the gas pods for gas torpedoes doesn't mean we need to trip over hazardous critters literally every dozen yards or so within the safe area. Or that they need to come in groups of 4 or 6, instead of the 1 or 2 they did previously. Geez. Enough is enough.

But I have also had a sandshark randomly spawn in the dead center of the Shallows, nowhere near any plateaus. Boy was that an unpleasant surprise, since there's not really anywhere to run from one in shallow water. I could explain a crabsnake clipping through the rock and ending up in the shallows, but a sandshark pretty much has to spawn there, which I assume this one did. He stayed around through multiple reloads, too, basically camping a whole section of the Shallows I could no longer farm because of him.

And while I've also had the usual Day 1 Stalkers-right-under-your-pod happen, I've also had one move out of his kelp forest about 50 or 60 meters to swim around all day and night right under the pod, permanently. He wasn't there the whole time I lived out of the pod, but by the time I'd built a base elsewhere, he'd moved in directly below the hatch.

This sort of thing is seriously going to piss off and discourage new players, and should be addressed with some vigor.

Or at least let us make a decent weapon. I think i'm going to spawn in a repulsion cannon and throw rocks at them to kill them. Or just a exosuit lol
  • HexivaHexiva The Inactive Lava Zone Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219670Members
    I don't mind the gasopods, but I actually thought sandsharks were supposed to spawn in shallow water. I wouldn't mind 'em either, if they wouldn't take up residence right under my lifepod.