No Exosuit in the Aurora.

JearBear87JearBear87 Shreveport, LA Join Date: 2016-08-10 Member: 221143Members
So i've been playing for about 100 hours now and am totally obsessed/Impressed. The one thing i'm having the main issue with is the Aurora. I fixed all radiation leaks and returned about 6 days later to the ship. I am playing in Experimental mode and Survival, and there is no fires to put out and all the doors are open. I can go to the Robotics/P.R.A.W.N Room with no lazor cutter or anything yet there is no Exosuit fragments to scan. I've even looked in Lava zones and the dunes. I can't figure out why. I've got the new update and my roomate who is playing as well has the exact same update yet he has the fires to put out and needs to cut the doors down to enter. He even found the Exosuit frags. Is it different for everyone? Or is it just a bug maybe? VERY CURIOUS. I don't want to have to use console commands to spawn it in. Let me know what you guys are going through. <3

Comments

• dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    JearBear87 wrote: »
    So i've been playing for about 100 hours now and am totally obsessed/Impressed. The one thing i'm having the main issue with is the Aurora. I fixed all radiation leaks and returned about 6 days later to the ship. I am playing in Experimental mode and Survival, and there is no fires to put out and all the doors are open. I can go to the Robotics/P.R.A.W.N Room with no lazor cutter or anything yet there is no Exosuit fragments to scan. I've even looked in Lava zones and the dunes. I can't figure out why. I've got the new update and my roomate who is playing as well has the exact same update yet he has the fires to put out and needs to cut the doors down to enter. He even found the Exosuit frags. Is it different for everyone? Or is it just a bug maybe? VERY CURIOUS. I don't want to have to use console commands to spawn it in. Let me know what you guys are going through. <3

Its probably because you have an old save. Start fresh and it'll be fixed.
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    The fragments are the exosuits themselves. The three of them on racks in the bay. You have to put out the fires that are on them first, however, and the fires return quickly so you'll have to be real quick with your scanner.
  • pgriffithpgriffith Tasmania Join Date: 2016-08-10 Member: 221147Members
    edited August 2016
    Had the same issue,screw starting all over again. Follow the instructions in this youtube video to refresh your terrain. Worked for me, make sure you pay attention for keeping the terrain for where your base is, I forgot I embedded some rooms into a rock outcrop and didn't bother. My base was full of rock which I had to remove manually with the teraform tool. https://youtu.be/r97PcLuThHg?list=PLVxH6E2fftrfbnmjYAXXiCJJwleb-HZvB
  • JearBear87JearBear87 Shreveport, LA Join Date: 2016-08-10 Member: 221143Members
    Thank you so much guys. I'm going to do it now. Just sucks because i'm 100 hours in. :( I'm going to keep this save and start a new one on the side. I feel its a bug.
    Thank you so much guys. I'm going to do it now. Just sucks because i'm 100 hours in. :( I'm going to keep this save and start a new one on the side. I feel its a bug.

Its no bug, just how the game works. Without playing on a brand new save the game can't really properly put in all the new stuff. I know there are workarounds, but that doesn't seem all that safe to do.
    Also, @pgriffith, that video is just a tour of the new Aurora rooms. Nothing about switching a save over.
  • CenbesCenbes Czech republic Join Date: 2016-08-10 Member: 221170Members
    I havent any new stuff here like rooms, exosuit or even resources chunk, i make 4 games one of each type and try use debug console to explode and restore ship, even reinstal game - nothing
  • CptFlubberGuppyCptFlubberGuppy Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220214Members
    You must not be playing experimental.
    edited August 2016
    and it can somehow change?
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Cenbes wrote: »
    and it can somehow change?

What he means is that there's two versions of the game you can be playing: Stable, and Experimental.

Stable is what you play by default. When you install the game and launch it for the first time, that's what you're playing. In the stable version of the game, the Aurora doesn't have its shiny new rooms yet.
    Experimental gets updates daily, often multiple updates a day. You can enable this "Beta Mode" by going into Steam, right clicking Subnautica, going to the 'Betas' tab, and then clicking the "experimental -" option in the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" drop down menu.

For now, most of this new stuff won't show up in Stable since it's not even present yet. So if you want to see it early, you'll need to play on Experimental.
  • pgriffithpgriffith Tasmania Join Date: 2016-08-10 Member: 221147Members
  • JearBear87JearBear87 Shreveport, LA Join Date: 2016-08-10 Member: 221143Members
    I started a new game on the side. I'm playing Experimental/Survival mode. So i am playing in survival and set my steam updates to Beta so i get a new update like 2 or 3 times daily. With this new save the ship is still the same as before for me. No fires to put out, All doors are already open and no exosuit fragments to scan. So not sure. :o

71e7en9e0axm.jpg
    v6bj7lz3gmq5.jpg
    edited August 2016
    I started a new game on the side. I'm playing Experimental/Survival mode. So i am playing in survival and set my steam updates to Beta so i get a new update like 2 or 3 times daily. With this new save the ship is still the same as before for me. No fires to put out, All doors are already open and no exosuit fragments to scan. So not sure. :o

That's weird AF. I myself start a new game every couple days to make sure I never miss anything, and when I did it today everything was fine.
    pgriffith wrote: »
    Crap, sorry guys, put the wrong youtube link above, this is the one https://youtube.com/watch?v=r97PcLuThHg&list=PLVxH6E2fftrfbnmjYAXXiCJJwleb-HZvB&index=18

This really helped Thank you so much. After i did what the tut suggested it loaded everything in perfectly. THANKSSSS :p

That's weird AF. I myself start a new game every couple days to make sure I never miss anything, and when I did it today everything was fine.

It was extremely weird and frustrating. Especially because my roomate is playing exactly the same thing and same update and it all loaded for him. I followed the youtube video that pgriffith uploaded and it totally worked. I just needed to refresh my terrain. Thanks for pointing out the save file thing. Really helped.