So I'm quiting

KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
Logged 13 hours. Love the game, cant wait till full release, love the idea.

Can't live with:
-Fragment glitch
-Console commands not working on said glitch
-A random HUGE chunk of wreckage spawning in my base entrance room that everything branched off. (The dig command removes the terrain but apparently not ship wreckage or coral tubes.)
-Frame rate being gawful. Especially in subs.
-Item render being about an inch from my face. Seriously though, I'm seeing out croppings in the cyclops render about 3 seconds after I stop moving. Means you can't just drive and scan at all. Start, move 10 meters, wait for render...repeat....

One of these would be fine. I could maybe, maybe with some post rage cool down (I deleted my save after I got about 3 new blueprints (INCLUDING THE MOONPOOL), save and quit due to a constant bubbles popping noise like I was over a bubble thing, came back and the first three bullet points happened in about 5 min of eachother.) deal with a any two of them.

But the idea of my game losing a huge chunk of progress at any time, with no fix, randomly generating ninja ship parts to infiltrate my base and ruining it and reprogressing though 13 hours of building with constant jutters and stop start resource collection is to much.

Comments

• KelliseKellise UK Join Date: 2016-07-23 Member: 220582Members
    Ronslo wrote: »
    I completely understand your reasoning but the game is in preview/early access, the description of the game on the preview store even warns u that the game is unfinished. The bugs will be fixed, the fps will improve and the game will be great, just gotta be patient and let the devs work their magic.

Oh don't get me wrong, I know. My previous exprience with early access though is A.R.K which is much less buggy. As I said in my OP, I am really hyped for when the game gets a full complete bug fixed full game version, and I'm happy enough with my buggy early access ending up as a preorder. I just want to get the most game breaking bugs for me to the forums so maybe the devs see them, and with the weight of other complaints prioritise them.
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    Totally feel you on that one. Good job on bug reporting and testing, see you when the hotfix hits... For more vigorous testing, and hopefully some fun this time...
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    I've been taking a break partly because I don't want to spoil my enjoyment of the finished game! :)

I know there will be some interesting story-related developments and I'd rather not accidentally learn too much about that until we can actually play through the whole thing.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Which console commands don't work? I'm just curious as that's always worked for me as a way around the fragment glitch.
  • GothedrillGothedrill US Join Date: 2016-07-26 Member: 220666Members
    me to i've played a lot of alpha and beta builds but this is way to frustrating.