Power System Ideas

Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
Im going to try my best to list my ideas in a easy to read format.

1 - A Switch
It will turn on or off the power for a base. Only one can be constructed in a base at a time. If two seperate bases are connected with a switch installed in both bases the most recently built switch will be destroyed and resources used will be lost. If player attemps to build second switch in a base the game simply wont allow it. Recipe idea: 2 titanium and 1 copper wire.

2 - Fuse Box
Follows same placement rules as the switch. Uses 2 power cells, stores energy while base is powered off. Can be used to provide power during renovations or during outages. Will not provide enough power to replenish oxygen but will stop it from depleting. Cannot charge batteries or other power cells. Does not light up bases or only dimmly lights up bases. Stored energy can be used to prime reactors. Is only drained when crafting while no other power is being provided or when priming a reactor. Its the emergency power the AI speaks of. Recipe idea: 4 copper wires, 2 titanium, 2 wiring kits and 1 quartz.

3 - System tweaks
Max base power without a reactor is 100. Nuclear Reactors now require 200 energy to start, this is where the fuse box comes in handy. Nuclear reactors will raise max power to 500. Solar panels wont be enough to prime a nuclear reactor no matter how many you have. Bioreactors now require 100 energy to start and provide power at a faster rate. Bioreactors raises max power by 50 for each one built, remember each one has to be primed. Reactors have to be primed everytime you turn them back on. So if you turn the power off for a base and turn it back on you will either have to use the fuse box power to prime the reactors again or wait for your base power to charge up enough again to prime them. Unpowered reactors do not raise max power.

I think these changes would make the power system a little more involved.
Thoughts and suggestions?