the new MONSTERS are not spawning into the world

2»

Comments

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    XxViP92xX wrote: »
    Just wanted to add my observations of my experience so far on missing fauna,

I have been playing subnautica (xbox only) since about a week before it had its first update. Before the update I had not ventured very far or deep, but since then I have seen all biomes (I think) and can confirm I have some fauna that is definitely not spawning correctly (at all) including reapers, crabsquids, sea treaders, crabsnakes even reefbacks. I still here reefbacks but can't ever see them, but definitely did see them prior to update. Everything else seems perfect in my opinion (all bar the brain coral bubbling sound and my modification station at 100% but can't build).

I have deleted my local save data, uninstalled/reinstalled the game, tried on all game modes but still the same minor problems, hope this helps in some way. Thanks

I have seen natural spawned reapers, crabsquids, reefbacks and even 1 crabsnake but it is unstable and often you need to drive very slowly or remain in an area long enough to get them to spawn by themselves. Even if you know where they should be and have gotten used to the idea when Mr reaper spawns the first time naturally you will get quite a shock, its worth the wait.

• Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    Getting to an area where the creatures spawn and then saving and restarting will also help them spawn. Never go hours without giving the game a break, or bad/disapointing things are bound to happen. Its good for you too.
  • hiloboyshiloboys Join Date: 2008-05-27 Member: 64340Members
    I got bugged during my play right after I sealed off the radiation, I swam back to my floating base and noticed that none of the fish or monsters spawn anymore. Now my guy is sitting at base waiting to die of starvation. Tried restarting game and such still no avail, no monsters spawn at all. Guess only thing left to do is re-install the game like suggested above by the staff. :/ Hopefully that works.
  • XxViP92xXXxViP92xX NSW Australia Join Date: 2016-07-31 Member: 220832Members
    I've come to realise that Slackerstu, I'm way overdue for a shock, but its still not happening for me. I spent ages last night just hanging around the aurora and dunes, still no reaper (obviously fixed leaks long ago), went and hung out in the jellyshroom caves for a while and the only thing In there is biters(hardly any shrooms even). Not even any blood kelp in the proper zone, just blood oil). Not to mention my main seabase is on the edge of a grassy plateau and have never seen a reefback post update (where they live!).
    hiloboys that sucks! My problem seems to be only big fauna. Everything up to like sand/bonesharks, gasopods, even them big electric eel things all seem to spawn fine.
    Almost due west of the aurora engines and quite faraway from the ship and pod I found an area of sandy bottom, red kelp, cylindrical rock columns with red grass on each tier ect... a cool looking area. If you cruse around a bit there is a big wreck section near and one red grass tower obviously larger than the rest that goes nearly all the way to the surface with a flat top large enough I made a minibase starting with moonpool and a glass ring around the top so the view is great, one of my favorites. Turns out THIS IS A REEFBACK SPAWNING AREA and I very commonly have very large reefbacks circling around my base as if on design. I think they are set to spawn around the tower but having a base here is great! It is close enough to the surface to run off of solar and large enough you can build a bigger base here if you like. (Also just found a rather unassuming hole at the tip of the previously mentioned large wreckage that drops into the jellyshroom biome southernmost tip) With both the wreck and constant reefbacks I'm amazed I've not seen a reaper hanging out here as well but i'll bet its just a matter of time at this location.
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    edited August 2016
    I've come to realise that Slackerstu, I'm way overdue for a shock, but its still not happening for me. I spent ages last night just hanging around the aurora and dunes, still no reaper (obviously fixed leaks long ago), went and hung out in the jellyshroom caves for a while and the only thing In there is biters(hardly any shrooms even). Not even any blood kelp in the proper zone, just blood oil). Not to mention my main seabase is on the edge of a grassy plateau and have never seen a reefback post update (where they live!).
    hiloboys that sucks! My problem seems to be only big fauna. Everything up to like sand/bonesharks, gasopods, even them big electric eel things all seem to spawn fine.

It might still be a glitch unfortunately, I'm not sure. I can consistently get reapers to spawn in one particular spot. Right by the front of the aurora where the safe shallows zone ends, and the mushroom begins. If you head from the shallows towards the front ish area of the aurora you will come to a fairly open section just before you actually get to the ship. if you reach the mushroom zone from there you are near it.

I'm sorry this is hard to explain through text! If you find the cliff separating the shallows and the mushroom zone. Stay on the near it and head towards the aurora's front end. There should be a point where it gets VERY deep. One always seems to spawn on that cliff side for me.

I get that this might be a terrible explanation, but outside of being near the front of the aurora and in between shallows and mushroom I don't think I've seen a single reaper...Not even in the dunes or near the back of the aurora.

I posted a clip on the previous page here of 2 of them right near that spot. If you watch the video I am sitting in that deep part of the shallows, and behind my sub is the cliff I'm talking about.
    No word of a lie my base is in that exact location you just explained Slackerstu so now I'm even more confused as to why I never see them but no joke it sounds like they're right there? Invisible reefbacks lol. So it makes me think again it might be just my game bugged again despite already unin/reinstalling and assumingly fixing said bugs?

BlindGuardian I think so too, though I will definitely try your suggested location anyway before I do anything else.

I just would really love some more danger, its getting a little ridiculous cruising around collecting resources and scanning fauna/flora unchallenged by nothing worse then a shark :(
    Also just to confirm are you both regarding xbox one version?
    yes vip I play on xbox. that save for me now has 11 bases(nearly one in each biome) and still playing well so I dont think its a complexity issue.
    Okay, well thanks anyway guys. It's just so weird that my game is acting different to your ones? But same console and everything!?
  • BlindGuardianBlindGuardian Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217604Members
    Okay, well thanks anyway guys. It's just so weird that my game is acting different to your ones? But same console and everything!?

Yup I'm on xbox. The only thing I did was un install and re install twice after patch came out. I did NOT delete my save or anything like that, just two re installs.

If it helps I've still never seen a sea treader. I'm assuming with the Reapers you essentially have to be right next to where they actually spawn in (I've seen them spawn in right in front of me)
    Ok then maybe its time to try another game reinstall? This time I'll leave my save data like you suggested and see what happens. The first time I just wiped everything so maybe that's why?
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    just downloaded my sub again and EVERYTHING HAS SPAWNED !! YESSSSSSSSSSSS
    Lucky you.. I did the same yesterday, just unin/reinstalled subnautica, for the second time now! This time keeping my save data. Played for nearly 2 hours and still didn't even find a reefback, though I here them even more frequent than I did before? Still definitely no reapers around the aurora or the mountain island either (OR ANYWHERE FOR THAT MATTER).
    The one thing it did do reinstalling again was pretty much straight away I found my last missing fragment of the Cyclops which I couldn't for the life of me find before! Also I scanned a Mesmer, which I had never seen until last night, other than that all my previously discussed fauna that aren't spawning, still are not spawning! The upside is my only bugged fragment now is the Mod Station, which I can handle. But the monsters....... :(
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    OMFG !!! 3 REAPERS TOGETHER NEAR THE SHIP IN MY SAVE JUST TORE ME AND MY SEAMOTH A NEW ONE !!!!!
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    Ran into the leviathan today easy to dodge scaned the bastard then got eaten from being proud of myself i thought it was so nice of a creature but the info on it was funny no brains just muscled XD lol
    Quick update, I reinstalled subnautica again, and I now have reapers, crabsquids and reefbacks spawning in CREATIVE MODE ONLY! Which kind of took the immersion away from my first reaper encounter since it couldn't harm me.. But yes 2 right next to the entrance to the aurora! But they are definitely not in my freedom mode save which kinda sucks. Does anyone know why this might be? Should I start another freedom or survival save?
    @XxViP92xX It works for you in creative start there and change the game mode with the dev panel.
    LB/RB/A to open the panel and type the mode you want survival/freedom/hardcore/creative. Type one of the mode names and press start the game will change to that mode and even save that way.
  • qpearl35qpearl35 us Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219911Members
    I've been playing for a consistently since the initial release of the new update and I've definitely ran into a some of the new monsters, just last night i was playing with a reaper and the Seamoth electrical defence system and the crab squids are in the deep grand reef. The crab snakes don't spawn for me either but there aren't any jullyshrooms down in that cave unfortunately and same for the treaders.
    edited August 2016
    Great idea, thanks Slackerstu
  • Hornigold_IIHornigold_II Oceania Join Date: 2016-08-12 Member: 221211Members
    My advice to the solution is to save in the location where creatures spawn and then exit and re-enter the game and they should appear.
    Works for me regarding the crab-squid issue.