Never thought my new game would start here

LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
Yep. Very close to a thermal source (great for silver)... and right over a destroyed lifepod.

subnautica33_zpsrblilaq9.png

Comments

• scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    Time to shove it over a few meters and then anchor it! :)
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    Nice placement :) My start location were about north-east of yours. Also I found an excellent spot for a base a bit east from that pod (north in picture). Its on the edge of the shallow reefs and kelp forest with a few hill nearby and a nice lookout over the grassy plateus.
    Since Im playing on the XB1, I got quite surprised to see this gigantic underwater volcano/ vent that spews up bits of molten rock, hot water and such after the recent update. Quite noisy!
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Get the thermal plant tech and you'll be set for power.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    Is that lifepod 17? My current savegame started right there, too. It's the furthest aft of the Aurora I've ever started. I built my base on the edge of that vent, with my moonpool over the vent. Bad idea, actually. It's way too noisy ALL THE TIME, and the spewing effects actually enter the base.

For some peace and quiet, I might suggest you build your base one or two Power Transmitters' distance away from the vent.

It is a short swim to the Aurora debris trail, and to the floating island. Enjoy!
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I'll build far from the thermal source. I don't like my bases loud... And I just recieved Pod 17's signal. I'm guessing there was a long delay between Prince Dakkar (yes... I named the main character that just because) being KO'd by a panel and him waking up?
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    once i spawned as close to the aurora as i could without being irradiated to death. a short swim, 30 meters or so and you are in the radiation. and one time (Before some of the wrecks were turned into wreckage piles) i spawned in between 2 wrecks.