Sensory Chambers Aren't Completely Useless

Evil_TimmyEvil_Timmy Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2350Members
<div class="IPBDescription">No, really...</div> The one use that sensory chambers have is putting everything they can see on hivesight (not sure about the range, though). Useful for spotting wayward marines or detecting an incoming assault; however, since most people build them at three hives, their usefulness is decreased a bit.

Comments

• InexorableInexorable Join Date: 2002-09-28 Member: 1360Members
    The Sensory chambers themselves <b>are</b> essentially useless.

It puts things on hivesight, but has to have direct line of sight to whatever it is before that will happen. It's parasite ability is a gimmick, nothing more. I have <i>never</i> seen or heard of anybody getting parasited by a Sensory chamber. It's yelling "The enemy approaches" is more distracting than useful, because half the time it will sense the enemy through a wall. You'll look around hoping to see a few yellow dots on hivesight, and get nothing. You'll have to wait till the marines start attacking something before you can figure out where they are. If you're lucky, they'll be within sight of a Sensory chamber at that point so at least you can tell how many marines are there.
  • GibbyGibby Join Date: 2002-04-26 Member: 518Members
    I agree Inexorable. Not worth the time or RPs to build one. If they provided useful information instead of trivial and not-working tricks, then they would be built more. Better upgrades are needed too.
  • relsanrelsan Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3720Members, Constellation
    I don't think sensory chambers are useless. I just think they are the least useful. There's a slight difference hehe.
  • TerrTerr Arthritic Skulk Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7486Members
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... a not-too-good-but-actually-useful ranged parasite shot would be absolutely wonderful, and would mean a reason to plop a sensory near your offensive chambers, because it would parasite unwary marines who march around the corner.

I'm not talking the distances that a skulk is capable of, or having it inflict any damage, or having it last forever (maybe only one or two minutes)...

(If it did have a limited time, skulk parasitization should take priority, so that it can't be used to 'heal' a prior parasatization.)