TGNS Montage: The Labyrinth

NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
edited July 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
It's been a while since I last made a montage and I've been wanting to use this song. Footage is from this week's games on Tactical Gamer; mostly captains night. You can watch full rounds on TGNS Replay. Please enjoy. :)

Edit: Replaced original with an upscaled 1080p video.

Comments

• soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    what's with the invisible weapons?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    edited July 2016
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2016

I believe it's an ns2+ setting.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

I believe it's an ns2+ setting.
    It's a mod by Arkanti called Hide Yo Gun Model. His mods have been taken down from the workshop for some reason, but this one still works for me. I like it more than NS2+'s disable viewmodels option since the hands are visible and I can easily tell whether I'm sprinting.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    I always thought that model mods didnt pass the consistency checks.
    Strange
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have republished this mod on the workshop here. It's not the most polite thing to do, but hopefully I have attributed it well. If Arkanti has a problem with this, he is free to contact me and I will gladly remove it.

@dePARA This mod modifies *_view* files for marine weapons, which I naively assume is client-side only. The default consistency check ignores all .dds, .material, and .model files with *_view* in their name so I think my assumption makes sense.
    Keats wrote: »
    I have republished this mod on the workshop here. It's not the most polite thing to do, but hopefully I have attributed it well. If Arkanti has a problem with this, he is free to contact me and I will gladly remove it.

@dePARA This mod modifies *_view* files for marine weapons, which I naively assume is client-side only. The default consistency check ignores all .dds, .material, and .model files with *_view* in their name so I think my assumption makes sense.
    I was wondering the same thing as dePara. Thank you for the explanation. Do you happen to have Arkanti's other mod called Hide Yo Alien Weapons?
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Nominous, the nom with the highly annoying lerk lifeform? :smiley:
  • migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nominous wrote: »
    Keats wrote: »

I was wondering the same thing as dePara. Thank you for the explanation. Do you happen to have Arkanti's other mod called Hide Yo Alien Weapons?

I do have it but it's been broken for the past like 10 patches
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    @Nominous, the nom with the highly annoying lerk lifeform? :smiley:

He is Nominous, destroyer of lifeforms, dread of marines. His shotguns blasts take all lerks in sight. His fade is the nightmares of entire platoons of marines. He is Nominous.
    I've updated my original post with an upscaled 1080p video and it looks much better than my original even in 720p. YouTube's 1080p bit rate seems to be ridiculously higher.

@Yojimbo Nope, my lerk is horrible.
    @migalski That's a shame. I imagine it works the same way as Hide Yo Gun Model does, though. Could you upload it anyway? :S
    @Nordic I also flash fade on the side and buying a shotty automatically lowers my accuracy. :#
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I also flash fade on the side and buying a shotty automatically lowers my accuracy. :#
    You say that, but you are the #1 killer of my lerks. You don't just kill my lerks, but flash 1/3 of them by my estimate. That may be more a reflection of me playing for the average skill of the server, and then running into you (a player way above the average skill level on the server).
    Not just lerks, but you always seem to be 1/2 of my deaths. It is not that other players can't kill me, but that you and I typically seem to go to the same part of the map. I like to think it is because one of us is attacking or defending a weakpoint.
    Mostly, you just kill me a lot.
  • migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @migalski That's a shame. I imagine it works the same way as Hide Yo Gun Model does, though. Could you upload it anyway? :S

It would be wrong of me to upload a file that is not my work, if you can tell me the workshop name of the mod i can pick it from my folder and send it to you but it's not my mod