Stay out of the South Side...

scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
Subnautica Security Service, how may I help you?

Officer, I just got Sub-jacked. They took my Seamoth and I had to swim home.

Where did this happen?

Over by the old Aurora wreck, on the south side.

The south side is a bad neighborhood, what were you doing there after dark?

Uh...just cruising around, looking at the night life...that's not against the law.

Cruising, looking at the night life...sure buddy. So what happened?

I stopped my sub to get out and--

Never get out of your vehicle on the south side, after dark. Everybody knows that.

(sigh) Anyway, I got out to take a closer look at...something that looked interesting, and all of a sudden WHAM somebody grabbed my sub and it was gone.

Did you get a good look at the perp?

Well it happened so fast, I didn't get a good look. He was bigger than me, a LOT bigger than me, and I saw mostly red, and some white.

Mostly red, and some white? That's all?

Well, it was dark, so it could have been a light blue maybe, not white. He had green eyes, though.

Green eyes...got it. OK, did he say anything when he grabbed your vehicle and took off?

Yeah, but I didn't understand any of it. It was like he was just roaring, no real words.

You were screaming, weren't you?

(ashamed) Yeah, I was kind of in a panic. It was dark, and I was already nervous about the neighborhood, then he showed up and grabbed my sub.

(nods) I understand. Listen, I'll put the word out, but your sub...I have to tell you...its probably just parts by now, broken up and distributed all over the place.

Yeah, I kind of figured that, but I wanted to file a report anyway.

Sure, no problem, but I'd advise you to avoid that neighborhood in the future, especially after dark.

No kidding. I'm never going back there again. Thanks.

[NOTE: I was over on the south side of the Aurora wreck, in the debris field where that Reaper hangs out, setting up to test my latest idea (underwater bio-minefield) and I thought I was out of the Reaper's aggro range when I got out of the Seamoth. As it turns out, *I* was (just barely) but the Seamoth drifted a little too close and the Reaper immediately chomped it and dragged it off. I swam for my life, and never looked back until I was inside my base. My wife came upstairs to see what all the yelling was about, and had a good laugh at my expense.]

Comments