New title update has totally broke my game

MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
The game wont save. It gives me the illusion the game is saving but there is no load menu on the title screen.

Clearly the update wasn't ready and shouldn't have passed cert

Comments

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    There may be some problems with saving and loading in the update. We are still investigating the extent of the issue and addressing the problems as fast as possible. We will provide more information as soon as we have it.
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    There may be some problems with saving and loading in the update. We are still investigating the extent of the issue and addressing the problems as fast as possible. We will provide more information as soon as we have it.

i have no update at all why is this is the update out DEVS
  • Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    Well this sucks :(

Did they know about this saving/loading bug or did they miss it in testing (seems to be a bug thats pretty hard to miss, unless they played without saving)

Awesome game anyway and i hope this will be fixed fast :)
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Pirate_fin wrote: »
    Well this sucks :(

Did they know about this saving/loading bug or did they miss it in testing (seems to be a bug thats pretty hard to miss, unless they played without saving)

Awesome game anyway and i hope this will be fixed fast :)

We are really trying to figure it out. We can see there could be an issue, and we've made a fix for it already. But what is weird is that Microsoft is telling us that it is saving and loading fine on their end.
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members

i have no update at all why is this is the update out DEVS
    YES THANK YOU I DID ALOT OF WORK ON MY NEW FILE BUT LOST IT (sorry 4 caps)

• W3L5H_R4R3_81TW3L5H_R4R3_81T uk Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218136Members
    im in preview and my save n' loading is ok..... wot i h8 is the over eccoing sounds... underwater and walking in sub (over loud) in my opinion... also can we mapp the controlls ourselves pls
  • taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members
    Mines buggered, get stuck in load menu.
  • Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    also can we mapp the controlls ourselves pls

You can from the options menu. I changed the swim up/down buttons back to the old settings as soon as i started playing after the patch :)
  • Mk2Mk2 Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219848Members
    edited July 2016
    Hello ladies and gents. A tidbit of feedback from my spot of trouble under the great puddle:

1) Frames per second and freeze ups are generally improved, but I have a feeling they sacrificed visual fidelity.

2) As of this moment, it is impossible to properly save or load a game... This is rather a biggie.

3) There is a weird sound bug that keeps looping the bubble popping sound of the brain flora.

4) Underwater sound in general seems way off, I can hear the whole ocean howl at me constantly.

*shudders*

I'm thinking I'll keep my feet safely in the life pod for now and out of the water.

Hope this helps the devs. Anyways, keep it up & cheerio!

6p2c1nm8nb9r.jpg
  • MrLuxMrLux AZ Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219772Members
    No patch notes and a borked update. Sounds like someone needs to authorize some freakin' overtime over there. This is bad management of what could be a great game.
    MrLux wrote: »
    No patch notes and a borked update. Sounds like someone needs to authorize some freakin' overtime over there. This is bad management of what could be a great game.
    Please read this http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/xbox-update-incoming/ It explains why we have not done the full promotion listing features and all that, yet. Though, we never do a full detailed out patch notes list for PC version either.

• Ekush03Ekush03 Kentucky Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219797Members
    my game is not updating :(
  • TwstdwsprTwstdwspr Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219863Members
    Saving/Loading locking up also the update has deleted my survival save data. got alot of time into it. Any chance of a recovery? ;)
    My game won't load or save
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 Alabama Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Members
    Guys, chill. We've all waited for weeks for this update. Not to be repetitive, but I've said before that this is a WIP game. By no means should anyone expect their game to be unflawed. Everyone knew this when they bought it. There WILL be issues. They WILL be fixed in due time. The devs are busting tail to get us this update so it's not outrageous for there to be an issue. Suggestion: Use this save/ load issue delay to play around with any new mechanics. Figure out new equipment. As previously stated, we've waited weeks. A bit longer won't kill you. If so, please have someone let me know, and I will totally be at your funeral with my utmost apologies. Please don't haunt me. :p. Everyone chillax and have fun.
    Guys, chill. We've all waited for weeks for this update. Not to be repetitive, but I've said before that this is a WIP game. By no means should anyone expect their game to be unflawed. Everyone knew this when they bought it. There WILL be issues. They WILL be fixed in due time. The devs are busting tail to get us this update so it's not outrageous for there to be an issue. Suggestion: Use this save/ load issue delay to play around with any new mechanics. Figure out new equipment. As previously stated, we've waited weeks. A bit longer won't kill you. If so, please have someone let me know, and I will totally be at your funeral with my utmost apologies. Please don't haunt me. :p. Everyone chillax and have fun.
    i agree been playing around with the exosuit
  • magicmousemagicmouse ik Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219888Members
    edited July 2016
    wip progress is fine but when a dev is new making this for consoles and u put a price on it no matter what its fair game to complain . to go through msft certification and to make it worse is bad but thats msft they are a joke for that . best way to test these updates in not on a dev kit creator of firewatch found that out that on ps4 . but t least he admitted we should fully test them on a retail console not dev kit because they run diffrentley .but these aaa devs do this aswell its just stupidity in my day we had testers like this
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    Ekush03 wrote: »
    In this case I can totally understand the anger. This update didn't just remove the ability to load and save but it wiped my previous save off the system. While i'm not too bothered myself as I don't mind restarting, I am shocked that this update was released in the first place.

I was under the impression all updates need to go through certification. This update clearly hasn't or if it has heads should roll at microsoft for allowing it because the people who work in the certification department clearly didnt do their jobs properly.

• FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Our main guy Max has figured out and (we think), fixed the problem.

It's been sent off to Microsoft for certification and hotfixing, but it's unfortunately out of our hands at the moment. This process is new and quite difficult for us, but I can assure you it's from no lack of trying.

We'll get it sorted.
    We believe in you! I just think that some of us are really impatient to catch up to our PC colleague divers and properly play around with all the new wondrous toys and critters!
    Malacath wrote: »
    In this case I can totally understand the anger. This update didn't just remove the ability to load and save but it wiped my previous save off the system. While i'm not too bothered myself as I don't mind restarting, I am shocked that this update was released in the first place.

I was under the impression all updates need to go through certification. This update clearly hasn't or if it has heads should roll at microsoft for allowing it because the people who work in the certification department clearly didnt do their jobs properly.

This update did in fact go through the certification process and passed.

Regarding the save files, we are pretty sure the files themselves weren't touched, it's just that the main menu is not currently displaying them.
  • XBOneray125XBOneray125 Florida Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219847Members
    This is a game preview everyone this isn't version 1.0 expect loses. With a update it is possible for you to lose bases, and losing game save progress. Its a bummer that's for sure but should be expected none the less.

I have 70+hours across all game saves, I didn't get the game at launch either. There's gamers that I'm sure have over 100+ hours out there that are concerned about their game saves aswell.

Despite what you're being told that game saves will not be lost, just know it could be possible that you may just lose your save/progress. You didn't get this game as final product, nor final build. These guys work hard day in and day out. Respond to posts on the weekends, late at night, early in the morning and maybe while they're on the toilet. The communication and updates we get from the developers and admins goes a long way so admire that, and roll with the punches just like these guys are.

If you have to restart, restart and do it better. You know more going into a new game, and progress will be made faster.

For now go into creative mode and mess around with the new features, new buildings blocks, and new areas to explore. Or you can do what I'm doing and play Red Dead Redemption lol

Happy gaming peeps.

Again, great job Devs! Hope you guys are enjoying the challenge, and soon it'll get easier I'm sure.
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    Malacath wrote: »

This update did in fact go through the certification process and passed.

Regarding the save files, we are pretty sure the files themselves weren't touched, it's just that the main menu is not currently displaying them.
    I'm pretty sure my save got wiped. After stating a hardcore game and exiting it sucessfully created a hardcore save which brought back the load menu.

The only save showing now is the hardcore save and my other 3 saves are gone. Still cant load the hardcore save though

Adding invisible copper when breaking limestone to the list. The soundbug only manifests when you meet the brain flora, then you suddenly seem to hear the whole ocean and repeated bubbles. If your pod lands near one it begins straight away. Hope this helps. Cheerio! PS: Still can't load, don't even have the menu option for it.
  • XBOneray125XBOneray125 Florida Join Date: 2016-07-08 Member: 219847Members
    I'm done with the forums I'll drop back in within the next few weeks once this has blown over. I'm tired of the same posts over and over again. Read before posting. Enjoy your weekend.

Everyone needs to stop crying over this, need I remind you what you agreed to when you bought this title.

"Game Description:This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game. "

Key word here "unfinished", Devs have the right to update as they wish, if something goes wrong, tough luck. Remember they are at a loss of time aswell.
  • MrLuxMrLux AZ Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219772Members
    MrLux wrote: »
    Please read this http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/xbox-update-incoming/ It explains why we have not done the full promotion listing features and all that, yet. Though, we never do a full detailed out patch notes list for PC version either.

More excuses and smokescreen for Unknownworlds inability to submit a patch for Xbox without properly testing. All I hear are excuses.
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 Alabama Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Members
    I'm done with the forums I'll drop back in within the next few weeks once this has blown over. I'm tired of the same posts over and over again. Read before posting. Enjoy your weekend.

Everyone needs to stop crying over this, need I remind you what you agreed to when you bought this title.

"Game Description:This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game. "

Key word here "unfinished", Devs have the right to update as they wish, if something goes wrong, tough luck. Remember they are at a loss of time aswell.

Thank. You. This is really all that needs to be said. People have the right to be angry, but before anger be considerate you must. That is some YODA LEVEL WISDOM there! They are trying. I'm satisfied, and if you arent, that's ok too. But completely downing the game and the development team won't help anything. If you don't want to wait while it's fixed, try Ark. It's another WIP game that is similar to Subnautica in the fact that it's a survival game. May not be as fun as Subnautica, but it'll pass the time. So until next time, love one another. And remember. Jesus is watching. :p
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members

Thank. You. This is really all that needs to be said. People have the right to be angry, but before anger be considerate you must. That is some YODA LEVEL WISDOM there! They are trying. I'm satisfied, and if you arent, that's ok too. But completely downing the game and the development team won't help anything. If you don't want to wait while it's fixed, try Ark. It's another WIP game that is similar to Subnautica in the fact that it's a survival game. May not be as fun as Subnautica, but it'll pass the time. So until next time, love one another. And remember. Jesus is watching. :p

we know lol
  • SaberStarfireSaberStarfire Halifax, UK Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219946Members
    Its time to chill. Hot fix just came out. Mostly fixed everything now. :D