Load Game not available now as an option?

scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
edited July 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Tra9tMB.jpg

I just logged in to play, and this is my opening screen.

There *should* be a saved game that has 1 Day 22 hours 14 mins on it. I shall be quite annoyed if it has been vaporized by a micro update.

EDIT: SOLUTION FOUND
Dako wrote: »
Ah, yeah. They changed the file path. Those having this issue.

Go into "Steam/Steamapps/Common/Subnautica/SNappData/savedgames" and copy the Slot0000 ect, and options.bin over to "Steam/Steamapps/Common/Subnautica/Subnautica_Data/SNappData/savedgames"

Worked for me at least.

Comments

• Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    Same for me. I was playing earlier today with the mini update. Just tried after downloading another small update and now I don't have a Load button.
  • DakoDako Canada Join Date: 2016-07-03 Member: 219523Members
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, was literally just playing, then I logged off and it updated. Opened it back up and it tells me New Game rather than load.

Edit~
    Checking the Subnautica folder, the file is still there. So maybe it's just trying to get the save game from the wrong location?
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    OK, restarted Steam. Restarted my computer. Called my father in law in India and demanded he do something about it, since everyone knows all Tech Support is in India. Apologized to my wife for calling her Dad, took her out to eat because my apology didn't sound sincere (it wasn't). Launched the game again, still no Load Game option.

/banging head on desk
  • DakoDako Canada Join Date: 2016-07-03 Member: 219523Members
    edited July 2016
    Ah, yeah. They changed the file path. Those having this issue.

Go into "Steam/Steamapps/Common/Subnautica/SNappData/savedgames" and copy the Slot0000 ect, and options.bin over to "Steam/Steamapps/Common/Subnautica/Subnautica_Data/SNappData/savedgames"

Worked for me at least.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I had to copy the whole Saved Games folder over, but it did indeed solve the problem. You are a genius, and my new personal hero. Thanks!
  • Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    Worked for me too! Dako, you are my hero!
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited July 2016
    Why would the Devs suddenly change the path to the saved folder? It makes no sense :o

Oddly enough my load option came up after the update and everything worked as normal.