Stalker Pathing...

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
A minor quibble, really, with the amount of other work you amazing Devs do, but... Stalkers seem to have a hard time navigating around bases; they always bump into structures and get stuck. This'll probably be sorted as things move along.

Comments

• scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I agree. I have seen them stuck in cracks in the kelp forest sometimes, too. Like they tried to swim through it, then tried to turn before their body was clear, and got stuck.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited July 2016
    Another thing I don't like is that - when you start out - the world is 'full' of sea-life; there are little fish (peepers, airsacks, etc) everywhere, stalkers in the creepvine forest, etc. Wanting to live / be among all that life, you build a base, dah-de-dah... but then, one day, you look out a window at what you've made... but there's no life outside. There's nothing there at all... I want to build stuff and have the sea-life 'not care' that it's there. I want to build in the Creepvine Forest and have the Stalkers go after the 'shiny' of my base, maybe even me as I go out and about, then we gradually come to an understanding as I feed them peepers. Eventually, they think 'hey this guy has food' so MORE stalkers come in and start laying eggs.

I want little Peepers, Airsacks, Garryfish, Reginalds to be attracted to the life in my Garden(s) I make; I want the Biome where I build to FLOURISH because of what I'm doing - careful building so as not to damage the environs, planting certain flora that will actually ATTRACT fish and other life, leaving piles of metal for Stalkers to play with, etc. I have this amazing base in the Creepvine Forest ATM, yet the only Life here is the Creepvine itself; aside from it and a couple of Stalker Eggs (which won't hatch, since they only do so in Aquariums), I am alone. I hate that. Implement the ability to build some sort of outdoor creature nests / homes / habitats, PLEASE!