Now that I have seen abandoned bases...

TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
I want more. Honestly it would be awesome, in my mind, to explore a giant seabase that just got messed up. With certain sections maybe being destroyed and flooded. Or even having the base on the floating island reach further into the island. Bonus points for having strange and weird noises just to mess with players who might be expecting something to happen. Maybe this is where you find an unfinished Cyclops drydock that gives you the blueprint to build your own? :)

Comments

• LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I actually want to see more wrecks. Larger ones even. The planet has a thirty year history of ships going missing in its viciniity so it would be easy to add them (along with seabases built by any survivors).
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    TerraBlade wrote: »
    I want more. Honestly it would be awesome, in my mind, to explore a giant seabase that just got messed up. With certain sections maybe being destroyed and flooded. Or even having the base on the floating island reach further into the island. Bonus points for having strange and weird noises just to mess with players who might be expecting something to happen. Maybe this is where you find an unfinished Cyclops drydock that gives you the blueprint to build your own? :)

You're in luck! They are adding more Seabases, though I do not know if there will be flooded and unflooded parts, I think all of them will just be fully flooded. The two new locations for the Abandoned Seabases are likely to be in the Deep Grand Reef and the Lost River (I think) or the Inactive Lava Zone. Well at least that seems to be what they are planning.
    The Devs know that the Cyclops Charger/Drydock thingo is in high request amongst the fans, but I do not know if they will add it before Version 1.0; if they do add it, it would likely be part of one of the Deeper Abandoned Sea Bases.
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    I actually want to see more wrecks. Larger ones even. The planet has a thirty year history of ships going missing in its viciniity so it would be easy to add them (along with seabases built by any survivors).

I do not think that more large wrecks will be added, but the Devs are still fleshing them out and making them more detailed with more rooms, fragments etc.

Hope this all helps! :blush:
    Well, the wrecks I'd like to see are not story related. Instead, I'd like them to be related to the history of the planet. They could be added when the bulk of the game is finished.

Imagine finding a wreck that's 1,210 kilometers long, and it's been there a very VERY long time. You look inside and find out that everything is scaled up... the ship looks as if it were crewed by aliens around 12 meters tall...
    Well, the wrecks I'd like to see are not story related. Instead, I'd like them to be related to the history of the planet. They could be added when the bulk of the game is finished.

Imagine finding a wreck that's 1,210 kilometers long, and it's been there a very VERY long time. You look inside and find out that everything is scaled up... the ship looks as if it were crewed by aliens around 12 meters tall...

Don't you forget about Dev programming and time :P
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »

Well... things like this are things devs can work on in their spare time. :)
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »

Well... things like this are things devs can work on in their spare time. :)

'Spare time', they don't have any of that at the moments :P
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    Spare time is to Devs as Spare Ribs are to Pigs... not spare at all.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    They re going to add sevral precursor bases around the map. one in each biome