Make the First Aid Dispenser appear in its Empty state

scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
Remove a player exploit by having the First Aid Dispenser appear in its 'empty' state, rather than having a FAK ready to use upon creation. This will eliminate building/deconstructing/rebuilding the dispenser to stockpile FAKs in a hurry (albeit at the cost of battery consumption). With this change, you'd create a dispenser as usual, then have to wait until the first FAK it creates is ready to pick up.

I also think the resource cost to make the dispenser is too high - 5 Titanium and 5 Quartz is more than it takes to build an MP Room, and it takes up ten (10) spots in my inventory if I want to build one - twice as much as a Bioreactor. Given that it has a time interval between 'free' FAKs, and it requires power to work, the recipe seems a bit harsh.

Finally, I'd prefer if the FAK worked more like a Heal-Over-Time effect, rather than an instantaneous HP buff. Maybe put a limit on how many you can use/stack at once, if you make it a HOT effect, too. As it is, with a bunch of FAKs in my inventory/hotbar I am almost impossible to kill, even in a swarm of angry sandsharks/stalkers.

Comments

• TolemTolem Thailand Join Date: 2016-07-05 Member: 219614Members
    scubamatt wrote: »
    Finally, I'd prefer if the FAK worked more like a Heal-Over-Time effect, rather than an instantaneous HP buff. Maybe put a limit on how many you can use/stack at once, if you make it a HOT effect, too. As it is, with a bunch of FAKs in my inventory/hotbar I am almost impossible to kill, even in a swarm of angry sandsharks/stalkers.

Like medical station that using some processes to heal and need to be recharged after each use?
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Or turn the First Aid Dispenser into a medical station that turns station/pod energy into health when activated, possibly as a continuous effect when the activation button is held. This will instantly make the recipe for FAKs valid as it'd become the only source for FAKs.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    Those are good ideas, I think. Making the Dispenser into something like an AutoDoc, and then having it drain energy to heal you rapidly inside the base. That might be real useful if they introduce poisons, or diseases later in the game. You'd probably want a new model for it, though, something that you can stand in, or sit in to be worked on by robot arms (etc).

I still want to have something like a First Aid Kit to carry with you, though. I just don't want it to be a 'power up' instant heal kind of thing, because that's way too powerful compared to the current threat environment.
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    Or turn the First Aid Dispenser into a medical station that turns station/pod energy into health when activated, possibly as a continuous effect when the activation button is held. This will instantly make the recipe for FAKs valid as it'd become the only source for FAKs.

Oh please yes.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    scubamatt wrote: »
    Those are good ideas, I think. Making the Dispenser into something like an AutoDoc, and then having it drain energy to heal you rapidly inside the base. That might be real useful if they introduce poisons, or diseases later in the game. You'd probably want a new model for it, though, something that you can stand in, or sit in to be worked on by robot arms (etc).
    Lore wise it could use the same technology the Fabricator uses, just specialized in scanning and fixing human anatomy by restructuring the injured parts into a whole, healed state. An effect derived from the scanner could be used on you. Then they would only add an emitter to the current model. Could scrap the whole opening animation, interior and the buggy FAK spawning.