Update 304 now live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2016
    moultano wrote: »
    wooza wrote: »
    PuphBall wrote: »

Would pay to see this one. We're getting a lot of good changes, but just as many bad ones. The quality of game-play has been going down IMO.

Here is an answer from Charlie Cleveland:

"There is a constant back-and-forth between serving our current community and looking beyond that to growing it. We've learned the hard way that if we only do what our community asks for, the game stagnates and shrinks - so we must try to "zoom out" and see NS2 in a longer-term view."

They don't care about the NS2 community at all.

Your reactions are so absurd now that you've become indistinguishable from a parody of yourself.

Don't care about that.
    *snip*
    Per advisory, keep NS2Large server gripes and drama out of these forums. -Iron

Update:
    User has been permanently banned - not because of the original violation mentioned previously in this post - after receiving their 4th warning and a personal letter from UWE, they continued to undo moderation actions as well as mock / be rude and aggressive toward community members.

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2016
    d0ped0g wrote: »
    Why was NS2:Large even considered for the arcade champion badge when the server operators that run it are some of the most entitled people in the community? A while ago we had wooza change his main server to "UWE wants this server dead" or some other garbage. And his rookie-only server "Rookie Magnet" is a direct reference to the toxic effect these servers have. It's fairly brazen and shouldn't be tolerated.

Yet in spite of this, UWE has actually gone out of their way to promote these servers - and here Wooza is: still just as ungrateful and entitled as ever.

Remove NS2:Large from the achievement and throw Skulks With Shotguns a bone.

UWE has been incredibly reasonable/fair with the way it has handled and compromised on 24+ player servers. In fact, if anything I think UWE has shown more willingness to compromise on these things than they needed to - and clearly more than they deserve (wooza at least).

As painful as it can be sometimes... taking the high road is always the better option. Unfortunately some people just can't ever see past their own selfish motivations.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    throw Skulks With Shotguns a bone

Does SWS not grant the achievement? I assumed all gamemodes different than ns2 would count; is each specific gamemode hard-coded instead?
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Why was NS2:Large even considered for the arcade champion badge when the server operators that run it are some of the most entitled people in the community? A while ago we had wooza change his main server to "UWE wants this server dead" or some other garbage. And his rookie-only server "Rookie Magnet" is a direct reference to the toxic effect these servers have. It's fairly brazen and shouldn't be tolerated.

Yet in spite of this, UWE has actually gone out of their way to promote these servers - and here Wooza is: still just as ungrateful and entitled as ever.

UWE has been incredibly reasonable/fair with the way it has handled and compromised on 24+ player servers. In fact, if anything I think UWE has shown more willingness to compromise on these things than they needed to - and clearly more than they deserve (wooza at least).

1/ You don't know the whole story. Please stop right there you will embarrass yourself.

2/ points:
    • Thought I disagree with 24+ server slot in the current state of the game. I would agree with you if the game included a "scalable balance" (or "dynamic balance"). It's a system that will change damage, health, speed (name one) based on the umber of players. So far NS2 do not include such a thing. It's one of the first thing that should be done considering the need of unity in the NS2 realm. And it's not that difficult to nail it down.
    • General players are used to high slot number. A new NS2 player will connect to those servers as soon as he can. Going against that is ignoring the new comers reasoning. Needless to say the Wooza's are the server that a filled 24/7.
    Therefore it is reasonable to think that UWE didn't not compromise at all. Especially when they ban or censor community members.
    (for those who can read it)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

While you are right, changing the achievement wouldn't be a good move; the sad truth is, no one ever plays modded game modes. Which is a real shame. Ns2large is basically the only way to get it now.

...yes, ladies and gentlemen, there is an achievement purely for playing on wooza's server* and he still tries to start flamewars about how the developers hate him.

*last time I checked - yesterday - there weren't any other ns2large servers left
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2016
    Keats wrote: »
    throw Skulks With Shotguns a bone

Does SWS not grant the achievement? I assumed all gamemodes different than ns2 would count; is each specific gamemode hard-coded instead?

SWS sadly doesn't work currently. But in theory all servers listed under Arcade will grant the achievement for playing them. The list in the given change log was just intended to give ppl an idea of the currently avaible game modes.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Good luck Asraniel and come back after PhD!
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    i got Arcade acheivement 28 Jun from playing on Woozas its not that hard lol played over 30+ hours since on NS2Large but Hive stats dont even show for it so according to hive last time i played was the 16:th but im on now and server got 40 players now so you can still join and get that new acheivement
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter

While you are right, changing the achievement wouldn't be a good move; the sad truth is, no one ever plays modded game modes. Which is a real shame. Ns2large is basically the only way to get it now.

...yes, ladies and gentlemen, there is an achievement purely for playing on wooza's server* and he still tries to start flamewars about how the developers hate him.

*last time I checked - yesterday - there weren't any other ns2large servers left

Because large community still suffers from the hidden server browser update. Also it is still in another tab although it is vanilla gameplay. Besides that there should not be a separation at all in the server browser between modded gameemodes and vanilla gamemode, I mean there aren't too many servers anyway and you always miss populated modded servers now.
    i just played all day and realized this:
    12 installed mods: Diamond Gaming
    7 installed mods: The thirsty onos
    7 installed mods: Woozas Playground
    7 installed mods: IBIS gaming
    7 installed mods: House of awsome
    7 installed mods: Tactical freedom

1 is hidden in Modded or Arcade as they call it, guess which one?
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited July 2016
    RadimaX wrote: »
    i just played all day and realized this:
    12 installed mods: Diamond Gaming
    7 installed mods: The thirsty onos
    7 installed mods: Woozas Playground
    7 installed mods: IBIS gaming
    7 installed mods: House of awsome
    7 installed mods: Tactical freedom

1 is hidden in Modded or Arcade as they call it, guess which one?

Easy, it's the only one that changes the way the game plays...

Of course you conveniently leave out that it's also the only one with double the max players of any other...

Edit: This drama about it being "hidden" (like the HUGE arcade tab is so hard to find) is really getting old...

Can we get a huge banner across the top of the browser announcing Woozas server as an alternative game mode... Because apparently it needs to be even more visible...

"Try a different NS2 experience" across the top with flashing lights and animated arrows pointing to the arcade tab... Maybe even add in a voice over drawing even more attention... "Arcade! Arcade! Arcade! Try it today!"

Or would that still be "hidden"?

• AliteAlite Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60188Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2016

Sure Wooza's behavior hasn't been exemplary but neither has the PDT's, they basically took anyone who was trying to grow a community within NS2Large (by investing THEIR time and THEIR money into their servers/the game) and told them to fuck off with that server browser change.

I won't discuss it further since apparently that's not allowed on the forums, but I will say that your black and white opinion makes you seem really ignorant, I don't even play on those large servers and it's obvious to me that they got screwed over by that change.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

As painful as it can be sometimes... taking the high road is always the better option. Unfortunately some people just can't ever see past their own selfish motivations.

LOL, get off your high horse, seeing a dev say garbage like this really makes me question if this game will have a future. You have a good chunk of the community telling you changes like the hp bars, and all the other random balance changes your team makes are absolute trash, yet here you are insinuating that they're clearly wrong and not worth dealing with. Sure kid.

EDIT: Also, I think there's something wrong with your voice, you might want to get that checked ;)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2016
    Alite wrote: »
    You have a good chunk of the community telling you changes like the hp bars, and all the other random balance changes your team makes are absolute trash, yet here you are insinuating that they're clearly wrong and not worth dealing with
    No. That is not at all what he is saying.
    You either gravely misunderstand or are attempting to put words in his mouth.. his message is pretty clear what it is concerning, you might want to read it again.
    @MoFo1 last time i checked it was not changed how it plays, you still walk with W and shoot with left mouse, im pretty sure a new player that never played the game would not be able to spot the difference between "Ns2" or "NS2 LARGE MODDED ARCADE OMG HE CHANGED GAMEPLAY SO MUCH ON WOOZAS SERVER SO ITS DISTROYING COMMUNITY BY HOSTING 42 PLAYERS HAVING FUN INSTEAD OF 24 AT ONCE AND YOU DONT HAVE TO JOIN IF YOU DONT LIKE IT" (unless it was labelled and different tabs) if anything you propably need more effort to take down 17 lerks but that could be a hard for even a pro player without any cordination.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Per our Community Guidelines, stay on topic.
    This thread is not for debating ns2large differences or justifications for categorizing it. Any further posts doing so will be removed and the user warned.

The official word on that topic is as follows:
    NS2 Large (by definition: servers with playercounts higher than 24) is considered a modified game mode of NS2. While we support this game mode, because it is a mod it will be classified under it’s own tab in the server browser.

The change to the default server browser filters will not be reverted. We are, however, going to be continuing to make improvements to it not only to improve functionality but also QoL improvements in our weekly updates as we work toward the ultimate endgoal of a total browser revision.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    CCTEE wrote: »
    can somebody check the jetpack fule consumption when carrying (only) a gasgrenade? had the feeling it was extremely high.

I see this in the patch (299):

Jetpacks now use more fuel based on a weapon’s weight
    Shotgun and Flamethrower now use 7.6% more fuel
    Grenade Launchers use 15% more fuel
    HMGs uses 130% more fuel

Really had the impression carrrying a single grenade also came with a (large) fuel penalty. Am i wrong and can i sleep quietly again?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2016
    can somebody check the jetpack fule consumption when carrying (only) a gasgrenade? had the feeling it was extremely high.

I see this in the patch (299):

Jetpacks now use more fuel based on a weapon’s weight
    Shotgun and Flamethrower now use 7.6% more fuel
    Grenade Launchers use 15% more fuel
    HMGs uses 130% more fuel

Really had the impression carrrying a single grenade also came with a (large) fuel penalty. Am i wrong and can i sleep quietly again?

I just checked for you. You could check yourself too. :wink: Hand grenades really do not effect jetpack fuel.

@Mofo
    https://trello.com/c/MGIrOXYd/350-303-lerk-tooltip-still-says-trailing-spores
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    6 months, you have 6 months.