Suggestion : Make it so 100% == Completed building

RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Posts: 308 Advanced user
It is currently possible to have building built almost completely, showing 100% but not being fully completed.

a484tyc38bcl.jpg

I suggest only rounding down % for buildings, instead of normal/up rounding.
MaxPowerNordicmeatmachineSupaDupaNoodleIeptBarakattwiliteblueDaveodethOscarTheCouch

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,825 admin
    Refunding the game. ;)
    cooliticwooza
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester Posts: 2,689 admin
    Also looks like an NS2+ issue. I don't think you see the build % with the normal nameplates
    [ Rek | Reklys | remedy | remi.D | blu.knight | Psyke | Sky ]
    I have way too many names.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,689 Advanced user
    remi wrote: »
    Also looks like an NS2+ issue. I don't think you see the build % with the normal nameplates

Given that nearly every server runs NS2+ and IF rounding down is a 10 minute or less fix, would it be worth doing?
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    edited July 2016
    I'll bet you 21 cookies that 100% is merely a 99.5-99.9%, ceiling rounding is watching you build!

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

BeigeAlert
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,825 admin
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I'll bet you 21 cookies that 100% is merely a 99.5-99.9%, ceiling rounding is watching you build!

That's almost certainly what it is.