map

Shabba60Shabba60 england Join Date: 2016-06-25 Member: 219108Members
Does anybody know if a map will be implemented into the game?.

Comments

• Shabba60Shabba60 england Join Date: 2016-06-25 Member: 219108Members
  • MisereMisere Join Date: 2004-03-28 Member: 27568Members
    Yeah the player generated map is nice but a map built into the PDA would be far better with:

¬ A name for each area you are in, I do not mean just the biome type but rather something like "northern Kelp forests", "Crash Site kelp forests" etc. This would be highlighted on the map when you go to it with your position in it and would make it easier to navigate back to that area when you want to.
    ¬ A list of minerals, alien life and blueprints you have found in that area so if you ever want something you know where to go without having to look online. It should update as you find stuff rather than being like that map which tells you where stuff is in advance.
    ¬ The ability to mark spots on that map, currently I use the beacons but there is a limit to how many you want on the screen and I do not like having the beacons show up on screen shots. I guess you could get around this by having a beacon list on your PDA and select it to activate the beacon.
    ¬ Like that player map have points of interest added to it as you find them, these should include any bases you build.
    ¬ A base with a communications array it should start pinging out a beacon of its own to guide you the final leg, maybe 2-3x that of what the visual range of the game is.